Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    I get a kick out of the fact you've been in a chair longer than most of these others and they are the ones criticizing you.. especially given that you paid out of pocket for it. Also the ones that do not have any form of paralysis whatsoever scolding you...
    .. this ain't your first rodeo and it's _your_ wheelchair - and you treat it as such. As toto once stated "it's only a fucking wheelchair". lol
    I'll have you know that I've been injured longer than everyone on CC put together. Well it feels that way, anyway.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    As toto once stated "it's only a fucking wheelchair". lol
    I agree, I wanted a chair that fits and I can use, not a trophy, and so far so good, the Icon has handled my abuse better than my other 3 chairs. I don't buy a chair expecting it to last forever, I want a chair that performs the best until it falls apart, that's what I've got. As I mentioned before, with this kind of abuse, the only thing that has come loose are the lock rings on the shock housing, given the jolt it gets from hitting the ground, that is understandable. Everthing else has been rock solid and stayed tight. That says a lot for the quality they are putting into it. My old quickie Ti couldn't go a week without a screw coming loose and ,my ZR's even had things come loose(and it's not an adjustable chair). Also, I haven't been in a chair very long.
    Also a side note, I cannot stand. I can hold my legs rigid just long enough to transfer(most of the time), and I have to be at an angle to do it. I've learned to control my "tone" somewhat to my advatage.
    Last edited by jschism; 05-18-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: add

I wasn't scolding anyone. I hope it didn't come across like that. and if did my apologize.

. As toto once stated "it's only a fucking wheelchair". lol
    Yes, i told that one day, i can`t remember why.
    But although is a fucking wheelchair i try to keep mine in good conditions, because it`s part of me, same as i like to have my throusers clean, my shirts, etc., i like to be in a clean chair and without full of scracthes.
    But of course everyone can treat their chairs like they want or like, but i will not let them a ride in mine lol

Here a lot of lucky people that have insurences that pay for their chairs or a good wallet that can spend $5000 in a wheelchair every two years, but not all people have the same luck.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    You're a clever Spaniard.
    Thanks
    Last edited by totoL1; 05-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.

I didn't scold anyone either. I said I gasped (i did) and that I baby my own chair. I don't believe I saw any that I would consider scolding. And as far as criticism, I think if the maker of a chair states something (about their chair) they have every right to regardless of personal 'abuse' to chairs or time in one.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

It's care cure, you can't say water is wet without someone explaining ice to you.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Yes, i told that one day, i can`t remember why.
    But although is a fucking wheelchair i try to keep mine in good conditions, because it`s part of me, same as i like to have my throusers clean, my shirts, etc., i like to be in a clean chair and without full of scracthes.
    But of course everyone can treat their chairs like they want or like, but i will not let them a ride in mine lol

Here a lot of lucky people that have insurences that pay for their chairs or a good wallet that can spend $5000 in a wheelchair every two years, but not all people have the same luck.

Thanks
    If I didn't post that video, no one would ever have known what this chair goes through. It looks just as good as when I got it, unless they look underneath the chair at the tube around the shock, which isn't very bad considering how it looks in the video.
    The tire on the camber tube is a great idea, I'll try that out.
    I'd rather the underside and un-noticed parts of my chair be scratched up, rather than the parts that are seen, like the front frame.

That's still kind of weird that the collars are loosening off - do you have the first generation split ring, or do you have the ones without a split?

Let me know on a pm and I'll send you the next gen ones to see if they make a difference - would be a good real world test for them.

This has also triggered some internal debate about making a cover for the bottom of the shock tube - we're thinking about some kind of cap made out of plastic that can just be screwed onto the bottom of the tube to protect it a bit, and will also keep dust and dirt out of the tube.

@t8 - next time you go through security at screening, as them if you can bring a water bottle full of ice through, and explain that ice is neither a liquid, nor a gel.

Super fun, trust me.

After reading/watching all of this, I became paranoid about how I loaded - then I re-watched the video of myself, and I think I'm quite gentle. The d's locks brackets probably take the brunt of the force, if any of it does.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but are the Icon side guards & the ADI carbon fiber fixed side guards the only options for side guards? Could you put removable side guards on this chair?