Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    I agree with this 100%. If it wasn't for me reading this thread and I purchased one of your chairs I would have never known I would need a shock pump.
    And that would have been tragic. Seriously?! You would have known, it would have been painfully obvious once you sat in the chair, that the air shock needed air. Or, if you'd have gone through the process of purchasing an Icon (gaining valuable first hand experience!) I think you'd have seen it on the order form, where it is clearly listed.

This, to me, is as minor an inconvenience as needing a pump to air up the tires. Or a chair not coming wih a tool kit. No problem, at all, IMO. Live, learn, and move on.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    And that would have been tragic. Seriously?! You would have known, it would have been painfully obvious once you sat in the chair, that the air shock needed air. Or, if you'd have gone through the process of purchasing an Icon (gaining valuable first hand experience!) I think you'd have seen it on the order form, where it is clearly listed.

This, to me, is as minor an inconvenience as needing a pump to air up the tires. Or a chair not coming wih a tool kit. No problem, at all, IMO. Live, learn, and move on.
    You are talking to a person who doesn't even have an air pump. Not everyone is knowledgeable in wheelchairs and I'm one of them.

You are talking to a person who doesn't even have an air pump. Not everyone is knowledgeable in wheelchairs and I'm one of them.
    Well you're in the right place, then. Regarding the need for a pump - it's a very minor thing, and when you're talking knowledge and learning curves for wheelchairs, it wouldn't even make a blip on the radar. Understanding wheelchair measurements - now there's a subject that can cause some confusion.
    The Icon needs a pump, but at least it doesn't need two months of study before ordering to make sure it fits correctly.

This may seem like a dumb question but does anyone have any experience in breaking down an Icon to get it in a auto? I do a fair number of transfers into and out of my car. I was just wondering how easy it is to do it with an Icon.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
    This may seem like a dumb question but does anyone have any experience in breaking down an Icon to get it in a auto? I do a fair number of transfers into and out of my car. I was just wondering how easy it is to do it with an Icon.

Thanks.
    I would like to know this also

Quote Originally Posted by taziar View Post
    Well you're in the right place, then. Regarding the need for a pump - it's a very minor thing, and when you're talking knowledge and learning curves for wheelchairs, it wouldn't even make a blip on the radar. Understanding wheelchair measurements - now there's a subject that can cause some confusion.
    The Icon needs a pump, but at least it doesn't need two months of study before ordering to make sure it fits correctly.
    I have definitely learned a lot about wheelchair from these forums

Someone should make some YT videos.

Someone should make some YT videos.
    I don't have a car right now but I do plan to make Youtube videos of my Icon in use when it arrives. I'll let people know.

Quote Originally Posted by StarLord View Post

Thanks.
    I do it a minimum 4 times a day. Same as any other chair out there. Take off the wheels throw them in, grab the frame lift it across your body. Done deal.

Hey juggular:

Thanks for the update. I thought so but wasn't sure if there was anything weird or unusual about it.