Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

Icon is only avaible in black? why?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    don't anodized colors cost more? At least most companies charge more for colors in anodized finishes for casters and such.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I asked that, too. Jeff said the cost for getting colors was more than they could manage while starting out, so they went with just black for at first. Same thing for why it's max width is 19"".

I've been dieting like crazy ever since I found that out, and I've lost almost 10 lbs., but since some of it may be from atrophy, I'm not sure it'll help in getting down to the 19" size. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFiresky View Post
    I asked that, too. Jeff said the cost for getting colors was more than they could manage while starting out, so they went with just black.
    And you know what they say.

I thought the point of the anaology was multimatic engineered/built both that car and the icon? So comparison to a toyota etc doesn't fit.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

More colors mean more inventory for building chairs.

So I think what Icon is doing is saying that you really can have any color from their inventory when they build your chair. Everything in inventory is black
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

I remember in a previous thread Jeff pointed out you can take the chair anywhere that does powdercoating to get whatever color you want. Similar to the way he's addressed other upgrades, just get them locally instead of paying upfront.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

You know, now that I think of it, it's really hard to imagine a pink, yellow or powder blue Icon. Without going "ugh!" anyway. Silver could be nice, though. (giggle) or titanium colored paint like Tilite is going to be offering...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFiresky View Post
    You know, now that I think of it, it's really hard to imagine a pink, yellow or powder blue Icon. Without going "ugh!" anyway. Silver could be nice, though. (giggle) or titanium colored paint like Tilite is going to be offering...
    . . . glad you specified powder blue
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I remember in a previous thread Jeff pointed out you can take the chair anywhere that does powdercoating to get whatever color you want. .
    that`s stupid, and why they don`t do it for you?

That is like if you buy a car, bike, etc and if you want a colour you have to painted yourself, they are the manufacturer, so they have to give the paint if you want because you are who pay.
    Imaginate that i`m going to order an Icon for example, i will go for black, but i would like the front frame in white and i don`t want my footrest painted, i don`t see a big problem for manufacturer to do that, but could be for the customer to do it theirself.

But almost all manufacturers give a bunch of colours where to choise with no extra cost, so why no them?