Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    We have a true K0005 chair is almost through the design phase, and as soon as we can, we'll start on the engineering process, so the A1 (which is truly a K0009 if there ever was one) will be our K0009 chair, and we'll have a K0005 offering that will be added to our line.
    Sweet!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

According to CMS, balance billing is against their rules. Their rules are set by Congress, as such are Federal law, and breaking them is a felony.

Are you saying you do this, bill one thing but deliver another then balance bill the customer, and this is perfectly above board and legitimate?

I've never worked on the provider side of Medicare but I have extensive experience in the Medicare actuary world and this strikes me as something fishy.

Can you help me understand how this works?!?

If I am wrong, I'd love to buy a chair through you. $1,800 off a K0009 chair is better than nothing!
    I'm not advocating balance billing. I'm talking about using the "ABN" process. It takes a lot more billing work, however, it is a possibility.
    http://www.invacare.com/HQ/EDITORIAL...ABNbooklet.pdf

I've been looking closely at the Icon and I can't figure out how the seat length is adjustable. The width, I understand that. But how do you make the seat longer without buying a longer seatpan?

Also, does anybody know what effect moving the casters further out to the sides, foward or back has on the performance of the chair? I want a chair that is as stable and smooth as I can get it though I could see moving the casters in temprorarily for access reasons.

Is the Icon compatible with emotion wheels? They require special brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB
    Can you help me understand how this works?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy1 View Post
    I'm not advocating balance billing. I'm talking about using the "ABN" process. It takes a lot more billing work, however, it is a possibility.
    http://www.invacare.com/HQ/EDITORIAL...ABNbooklet.pdf

Thanks jake!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I've been looking closely at the Icon and I can't figure out how the seat length is adjustable. The width, I understand that. But how do you make the seat longer without buying a longer seatpan?
    The seat is the same, what you get longer is the frame taking out the footrest or moving your cog.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    yep, what he said, the seat pan will be the size you order. Mine was just a bout a 1/2" shorter, which is perfect so my legs don't contact the front edge of the seat pan.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    yep, what he said, the seat pan will be the size you order. Mine was just a bout a 1/2" shorter, which is perfect so my legs don't contact the front edge of the seat pan.
    They didn't send you the size seatpan you ordered? If that's true I'm glad it worked out but that's a concern.

Toto is right - The structure of the seat doesn't change - we manage the effective length using a combination of moving the solid or upholstery back to open or close the rear space - that's why the seat brackets are open to the back.

Solid seats are ideal for this, and tension adjustable upholstery is the standard upholstery for the Icon to allow this adjustment.

Seat depth for the Icon is not equal to the "tape length" of the seat pan, because there is a space at the back precisely so that we can manage the effective seat depth.

Attachment 43344

So even though our seat pan might measure 15 1/2" from one edge to the other, we can get up to 17" of effective length out of it.

This is going to take some getting used to, but we really don't measure very much - I care a lot more about how someone feels in the chair than whether the seat measures 1/2" one side of the tape or the other.

We use measurements as guidelines, and make the chair fit the person, not the other way around. It's a different way of thinking, but nobody who has spent any amount of time on here would argue that a 16" deep seat on a TiLite is not necessarily the same thing as a 16" deep seat on another manufacturer's chair.

This thread alone has seen some pretty wild (and reasonable in the absence of an explanation) concerns - and I'm happy to answer to all of them, but really? After all this, is there really a concern that we didn't consider seat depth? Or that we would approach it in a conventional way?

Oh, you guys.

Again, you may or may not agree with our take on it, but for what it's worth, here is how we see seat depth, and it highlights one of our frustrations with measurements in general - what the hell does 16" seat depth mean anyway? Does it take into account ballistic material seatbacks that sag less than some others? Does it measure to the front of the backrest tubes if there is a solid back on the chair, or does it measure to the deepest part of the solid back? Do we measure from the front of the seat to the back posts along the seat, or in a parallel plane to the floor? Does it matter on a solid seat pan if 1/2" of your cushion overhangs the seat? Is that maybe even preferable?

How about the one and only question that really matters:

How does the chair feel now?

And the follow up question:

Would you like me to adjust anything to make it feel better?

With all the talk about keeping the price low, why don't you have a hard tail model? I'm guessing that the shock is probably the second most expensive part as far as raw materials, after the wheels... I looked one over with Mark a couple weeks ago and love it, but while the shock is "nice", my current chair has no shock and I don't have any impact related issues- it's just a piece of junk that falls apart every few months! The shock is a luxury, not an essential. Seems that using some well-placed titanium could give a more flexable ride. It would also give you one less moving part, and as any engineer knows, moving parts will eventually fail. Maybe I have missed this part of the discussion and one is in the works? It seems from the design you could just replace the shock with a bar, and then if you want a shock later, stick it in.