Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

I was told that they could mount a tube under the seat that you could attach removable side guards to. The only regular option is fixed side guards.

That chair rocks! Would you mind sharing what the weight is?

Quote Originally Posted by yberry View Post
    That chair rocks! Would you mind sharing what the weight is?
    It depends on configuration & accessories. Lowest possible weight: 20.3lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    I was told that they could mount a tube under the seat that you could attach removable side guards to. The only regular option is fixed side guards.
    Ok thanks yes I would definitely need that. Jeff feel free to chime in

Mounting a bracket would be possible, but would have to be done by a dealer right now, we don't offer removable side-guards right now.

We have removable armrests, so the interface is there which would make it pretty straightforward.

What's the situation where removable side-guards are necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Mounting a bracket would be possible, but would have to be done by a dealer right now, we don't offer removable side-guards right now.

We have removable armrests, so the interface is there which would make it pretty straightforward.

I haven't been able to yet master transfers without using a board.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post

Jeff - right now I load a cantilevered frame chair into my Honda Element by putting it behind the driver's seat. We tried, and failed, to fit the Icon in with the permanent side guards. It would still be a tight fit, but do-able without them.

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    I haven't been able to yet master transfers without using a board.
    I use a board for most transfers (level: C6). Depending on transfer technique, sideguards may not get in the way if you can rotate/pivot yourself out the front of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by aduboyce51 View Post
    Hi, My name is Alan, I am new to this site. I am a T-3 Para, no trunk muscle & Paralysis nipple line, and have used a chair for 28 years, from 22 years old to now 51 years old. I just bought a Tilite ZR Series 2 with a 3" dump. 20 Front, & 17 Back, also I am going with a 10 " ADI Aluminum Back. I sit on a Jay Active Cushion. Chair is 17'wide x 16". I think 3" of dump is a great measurement for T-3 Para, You still are sitting in Your chair, and it is easier to transfer. I have a Tilite Aero Z and tried 4" of dump, and I found that I was having to pull Myself out of a hole to transfer, and when I was wheeling, I also found that I had to lean way over frontward to get a good push, and was always Lifting to push Myself to the back of the chair. Bottom line 3" Dump is great for a T-3 Para complete , I have no trunk muscle , but good balance. Thanks Alan
    Yeah, well the Icon allows users to adjust the dump with a turn of a wrench.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by aduboyce51 View Post
    Hi, My name is Alan, I am new to this site. I am a T-3 Para, no trunk muscle & Paralysis nipple line, and have used a chair for 28 years, from 22 years old to now 51 years old. I just bought a Tilite ZR Series 2 with a 3" dump. 20 Front, & 17 Back, also I am going with a 10 " ADI Aluminum Back. I sit on a Jay Active Cushion. Chair is 17'wide x 16". I think 3" of dump is a great measurement for T-3 Para, You still are sitting in Your chair, and it is easier to transfer. I have a Tilite Aero Z and tried 4" of dump, and I found that I was having to pull Myself out of a hole to transfer, and when I was wheeling, I also found that I had to lean way over frontward to get a good push, and was always Lifting to push Myself to the back of the chair. Bottom line 3" Dump is great for a T-3 Para complete , I have no trunk muscle , but good balance. Thanks Alan
    Who asked your set-up and what the hell does this have to do with a thread about an Icon?

A bit touchy there, jschism just let it go . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>