Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live

Pics/remarks of Icon?

Surprised no one has posted pics or remarks of their Icons. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    Surprised no one has posted pics or remarks of their Icons. What's up with that?
    x2
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Most of the first run went to dealers, facilities, and to our reps for demo units, which might explain it a bit.

Also, our first run of chairs were handwelded, and the second run were welded by robot - robot welding is always more consistent and gets better (more even) penetration, which adds to the strength, so I asked a number of people who purchased from our first run to wait for delivery from the second run - the difference was small, but I felt better delivering the hand-welded frames as demo units instead of ones going to users.

I plan on giving a review this weekend. Just need to find the time. Been using it for a week and am liking it, not sure how I sat in my other chair for so long.

14 x 15 CF seat pan w/14 x 16 cushion
    16 RSH
    18 FSH
    TiLite ZR2 composite scissor locks(don't have to reach under seat to use these)
    24" spinergy LX w/ kenda 24 x 1 3/8 knobby
    modified Icon side guards to use Fendered CF guards from off breed chair. I can see why fendered guards are not available. Users body weight and differences in travel of suspension would make it pretty hard to mass produce a side that would work for everyone, they would have to have height adjustable fendered side guards that the end user would have to set. As far as I know, l've never seen any one else offer such a thing as of yet.
    Last edited by jschism; 12-31-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: add

nice looking chair.

Looks nice, Jschism. Can it take a freewheel?
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    14 x 15 CF seat pan w/14 x 16 cushion
    16 RSH
    18 FSH
    TiLite ZR2 composite scissor locks(don't have to reach under seat to use these)
    24" spinergy LX w/ kenda 24 x 1 3/8 knobby
    modified Icon side guards to use Fendered CF guards from off breed chair. I can see why fendered guards are not available. Users body weight and differences in travel of suspension would make it pretty hard to mass produce a side that would work for everyone, they would have to have height adjustable fendered side guards that the end user would have to set. As far as I know, l've never seen any one else offer such a thing as of yet.
    Is that the folding back option?

Nice.

A few questions...

Attachment 43245

a) If that is the folding back, can you take a pic to show how it works?

b) Did they eliminate the quick release clamps? It appears from your pics that they may have. If so, I apologize for any role I may have played in the decision.

I can understand going with a nut & bolt style because it requires the end user to deliberately modify their chair if they choose to adjust their wheelbase on the fly. This implies they have chosen to accept any risks associated with doing this. If something bad happens, they can't blame the manufacturer for a "bad design".

If, on the other hand, the quick release clamps are still used, please disregard this particular question.

c) Can you reach your lock out lever when you are in the chair?

d) How do you like it so far?

that is the folding back, I'll get some pics of it.
    No, it does not have any quick release clamps.
    I can reach the lockout by reaching through my spokes on the LX wheels, otherwise No with other spoke wheels.
    I'll get to the freewheel after I get chair dialed in. I think it will work fine, but I need to find my other mounts that came with my freewheel to go with the smaller footplate on the Icon.
    It's amazing the size ranges available with just one chair.
    So far I really like it, it will take some getting use to and I'll need to find a different way of loading the chair into my backseat since it doesn't have removeable sides.
    The shock comes not charged, so I haven't gotten a good feel for the suspension. I did notice however, rolling around just in the house on hardwood floors with a really spongey shock, how many bumps and jolts you actually take in a chair. If it's that noticeable inside, imagine all the bumps/jolts/ vibrations while rolling around outside of the house. It's almost scarey to think our bodies are absorbing all that shock.