Thread: What Can I Do?

What Can I Do?

The handrim on my Quickie All Court Is too wide and my fingers slip in between it and the wheel. There are no other holes to adjust it.

Should I drill holes into the handrims?
    Never Give Up!

A tech at a wheel-chair speciality store did that for me. It took him about 10 minutes. I didn't see what he did since he went to the back ...
    just saying it's definitely doable, as that was my problem, gave it to the dude, 10 min later I had hand-rims closer to the wheel.
    good luck my friend

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    The handrim on my Quickie All Court Is too wide and my fingers slip in between it and the wheel. There are no other holes to adjust it.

Should I drill holes into the handrims?
    I used a Dremel tool with a tungsten carbide bit to hog out some of the material in the mounting tab. I measured at about another 1.5mm of material to remove. It was a fair bit of work but not too bad. I think I did both handrims in 1/2 and hour or so. I have no idea if you can or will do it this way but if you work with a rotary tool remember to always put on eye protection before you turn it on.

You can definitely make your own little adjustments to make things fit. Good luck :-)

If you are handy, great! If not, take it to a machine shop as you will want all holes to be uniform and exact. Be nothing for them to knock it out

I'm handy and I have a Dremel but I think I'd rather have someone do it with experience. I'm surprised it didn't come with the option of a closer position.
    Never Give Up!