Thread: Quickie All Court Question....

Quickie All Court Question....

Is there a Replacement Bolt Kit available?

Has anyone used Grade 8 bolts to replace the original factory bolts?
    Never Give Up!

You may want check with the wheelchairs manufacturer. They could supply the replacement parts. Grade 8 bolts are made for strength and durability so it could be a good choice, but I would consider if using non OEM parts void the warranty.

I replaced virtually all the factory nuts, washers, and bolts on my TiLite AeroZ1 with stainless steel (18-8) in low-stress places (e.g., caster, footrest, seat-pan, and seat-back mounting) and with chromed grade 8 in high-stress places (e.g., camber-tube mounts). I bought most of the hardware at my local Fastenal store, and a few pieces at Ace Hardware. Total cost was about $220 US. Visit the AeroZ link in my signature for pics. To identify the needed hardware, I labored for hours through each assemblies' parts list at TiLite's eStore.

Attachment 43188

(Here are pics with stock fasteners.)
    Last edited by chasmengr; 12-26-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: add pic
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    You may want check with the wheelchairs manufacturer. They could supply the replacement parts. Grade 8 bolts are made for strength and durability so it could be a good choice, but I would consider if using non OEM parts void the warranty.
    My thoughts exactly on the warranty! I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully they're open.
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I replaced virtually all the factory nuts, washers, and bolts on my TiLite AeroZ1 with stainless steel (18-8) in low-stress places (e.g., caster, footrest, seat-pan, and seat-back mounting) and with chromed grade 8 in high-stress places (e.g., camber-tube mounts). I bought most of the hardware at my local Fastenal store, and a few pieces at Ace Hardware. Total cost was about $220 US. Visit the AeroZ link in my signature for pics. To identify the needed hardware, I labored for hours through each assemblies' parts list at TiLite's eStore.

Attachment 43188

(Here are pics with stock fasteners.)
    Thanks! I'm going to check about the warranty issue and replace all the bolts if there's no problem.
    Never Give Up!