Thread: Shoulder pain

Shoulder pain

Guess it's from always laying on my left side now plus it's my cane arm so I'm not quite sure what to do. Can't seem to lay on my back anymore and the right side is out. Going to the Dr. Jan12th just hoping they can do something!

I hope they can help you out Duge. Sometimes a steroid injection to the shoulder can help, along with various stretching exercises and some anti-inflammatory medicines.

Hope you get some help Duge.....I know how hard it can be to find a comfortable position to lie down! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by duge View Post
    Guess it's from always laying on my left side now plus it's my cane arm so I'm not quite sure what to do. Can't seem to lay on my back anymore and the right side is out. Going to the Dr. Jan12th just hoping they can do something!
    All of us Oldtimers have to deal with dying, hurting shoulders. I've had numerous cortizone injections and they certainly helped.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I've been having a similar issue with my right shoulder from laying on my right side. I can lay on the left or my stomach still though so I've been trying to keep laying on the right to a minimum.

and the rigt is also my forearm crutch arm. So sounds very similar! Let us know what helps. I'm going to start taping that shoulder with kinesiology tape. It's stretchy, so doesn't restrict range of motion the way regular athletic tape does.
    Last edited by ~Lin; 12-27-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

A TENS unit might be worth a try. It did a lot for me until my surgery provided some relief. I also used it for a few months after surgery until my joint settled back down.