Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I have a question

wait a minute, did you just start a post about everybody being negative and mistreated, and end up saying you feel everyone hates you?

K now I think dear bobby is on to something. you dont have it as good as you say. your self esteem is injured.

...I honestly never gave it much thought, if you were liked or not. I don't keep track of that stuff. But truly, it's nigh impossible to tell what a person's life is like from these blue-hued posts. I see a lot of good comments and don't consider the not-so-good to be negative, just real. But that's just me, and I'm a glass half full kind of person.

I do have it as good as i say....and i started this post to see if i was the only one that had it good...I have had my hardship due to my disability but i dont' sit and let them ruin my life...i shit myself and pee my self alot but why sit on a computer and whine about it.

I echo the above: I don't hate, nor dislike you. I don't know why I should.

If you truly do feel that your family treats you very well, then you have every right to say so. And that's where it should stop -- unless someone asks for your opinion on their specific situation, in which case nobody will look at you funny for giving them that opinion.

In this particular thread, though, you go from noticing that some people here have stories to tell that are very different from yours, to concluding that those people must simply like complaining. I think that's an unfair assumption. I also think that unfair assumption is what made some of us react the way we did -- not merely the fact that it came from you.

The bottom line is, as Jody and Bob have both already said: we all need a pressure valve now and then. There are people in this community whose only available pressure valve is on the internet. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Do you?

im done responding to this thread i was simply echoing someone else that stated that some people just like to complain

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    I do have it as good as i say....and i started this post to see if i was the only one that had it good...I have had my hardship due to my disability but i dont' sit and let them ruin my life...i shit myself and pee my self alot but why sit on a computer and whine about it.
    You are not the only one who 'has it good', many people are fortunate. However there are many people in the world who are not as fortunate, I would think this would be obvious without the need for a thread about it, but you're free to start one, i suppose... I think the point some are making here is, it is not necessary to gloat about it. Be grateful for what you have and have empathy for those who may not have the support of friends and family and not as fortunate as you.

i can't say how great my family has been. with out them i don't know what i would have done. i used to come home around 4 am almost every night drunk as hell. i can't tell you how many times i have fell out of bed drunk. but that when i was in my 20s. now those days are behind me. my friends i couldn't have ask for any better since day one they never treated me any different soon as i got out of rehab they came and picked me up and we went to the beach like every other year.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    You are not the only one who 'has it good', many people are fortunate. However there are many people in the world who are not as fortunate, I would think this would be obvious without the need for a thread about it, but you're free to start one, i suppose... I think the point some are making here is, it is not necessary to gloat about it. Be grateful for what you have and have empathy for those who may not have the support of friends and family and not as fortunate as you.
    Mother Mary, you're too kind.

when you read things people say back, do you perceive we are yelling at you or upset at you in some way?

I dont take your having it good as bragging at all, but maybe you are too sensitive to read some posts. can you avoid the ones that bring you down for now?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Mother Mary, you're too kind.
    lolz, I guess I am fortunate, my mama taught me well