Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I have a question

Question I have a question

I have been visiting this site for a few months now and I am in aw that some here have family that are completely crazy and uncaring....

I have never experienced the things that some write about.....i never have to worry about a nursing home, im never told i can't do something or go somewhere, they have never been ashamed of me or my disablility, etc....

Does everyone here have it bad or are their some like me? Is the reason for the differences in the way we are treated have to do with the way someone (family members are raised) or is it because of where each of us live. Ive never been treated differently by my family, friends, or co workers.....

I think some people just have b*stards for relatives/friends.
    I've always been treated well.

I have good family and friends
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    I have good family and friends
    Me too.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I have never been treated the way some on here say they have.....although my family and friends no i wont put up with it either lol

I have a great family and great friends. I know some people are not as blessed as the rest of us. Some people also see the dark side of everything and blame their family based on things they perceive as mistreatment. I know a lady who just wants to see everything as negative and it comes out of her mouth that way. If she was given the opportunity to walk again then she would complain that it took too long to get the opportunity. You can usually spot the negative people easily because they can't see the good in ANYTHING! Friends and family don't usually want to bend over backwards to help or support people who don't appreciate it.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I dont have it bad, but have had my share of trials.
    including family, which is why I have little or no contact with some family, or have divorced.

my exhusbands mother actually said my 11 year mariage didnt matter because we were not married on a catholic church, and I was steril so that also excluded me from comunion, and once it was apparent I could no longer work and support my unemployed husband, It was ok to dump me. he is one of the many homeless in pennsylvania. his family will let him die out there.

Not every family is that way, but some are. and for those who are members here, this place is the only option for friends and family for some. or a sounding board, or an ear to bend. so even if things are negative, and sometimes even heartbreaking, that is the reality, and people should feel free to speak of their trials even if some hate it.

This place was created for emotional support, information, resorces, and friendships.
    life isnt always cherries and cream. sometimes its something else.

and even if most of living is not terrible, when it is terrible should we just hold it in so as not to bring anyone down? no, we lift one another up, and share ways to get past it.

I think a lot of the bad treatment has to do with exhaustion, lack of funds, pain, lonelyness, and also remember that their are many different cultures, and people are not always raised the same.

being a dispatcher I assume police or er, or fire department, you know that sometimes life and living is unpredictable and sometimes tragic.

sorry.

I agree with you 110 percent i just dont understand those that want to be negative all the time do they like being miserable?

yes i know life is unpredictable...but what i am getting at is everyone has something in their life that they can be happy about....i agree with off roader that some people like being miseable and negative

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I dont have it bad, but have had my share of trials.
    including family, which is why I have little or no contact with some family, or have divorced.

my exhusbands mother actually said my 11 year mariage didnt matter because we were not married on a catholic church, and I was steril so that also excluded me from comunion, and once it was apparent I could no longer work and support my unemployed husband, It was ok to dump me. he is one of the many homeless in pennsylvania. his family will let him die out there.

Not every family is that way, but some are. and for those who are members here, this place is the only option for friends and family for some. or a sounding board, or an ear to bend. so even if things are negative, and sometimes even heartbreaking, that is the reality, and people should feel free to speak of their trials even if some hate it.

This place was created for emotional support, information, resorces, and friendships.
    life isnt always cherries and cream. sometimes its something else.

and even if most of living is not terrible, when it is terrible should we just hold it in so as not to bring anyone down? no, we lift one another up, and share ways to get past it.

I think a lot of the bad treatment has to do with exhaustion, lack of funds, pain, lonelyness, and also remember that their are many different cultures, and people are not always raised the same.

being a dispatcher I assume police or er, or fire department, you know that sometimes life and living is unpredictable and sometimes tragic.

sorry.
    well said jody..