Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: Life Sucks

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
    Even if you can't manage to do so in time for the event at the mall, you should try to locate some part time/occasional caregivers so you'll have someone to call next time you want to go out. Place an ad in the paper or local classifieds web site, interview them, train them in your care yourself. And make sure they understand that they're working for you, not your parents.

    I also found it helpful to "lay the groundwork" before I had to have a fight with my family over independence issues. Let them know well in advance what you're planning to do so they can either get used to it, or get the handwringing over with.
    This is an amazing advise. Thanks. I am thinking of doing exactly that in a few months. I can't do that right now because then my parents will say that I am doing it out of spite for what happened that day.

    It will not be an easy task to find a good caregiver here, though.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    you say that they did this for their own comfort maybe they were thinking about you... by the things you have said you are not indepentant at all.....do you realize that if the person was that big of a star the place im sure was packed...if you can't even get back in your own chair what would have happened if you and your mom had of gotten separated and you needed assistance??????? with that many people it is possible that you would not even be with her.......im not trying to be mean or hateful but you need to become more indepentant instead of complaining that your parents dont do what you want when you want....They love you and care for you i have seen some peoples post on here that were put in a nursing home what if your parents did that to you?
    You are talking about the worst case scenario. If this is true, then we all should not go anywhere because this can happen anywhere!

    The event was in a mall and even in India, no mall administration want a person on wheelchair or anybody to get hurt in their mall. I have been to many malls in my city and they are always very considerate and helpful.

    For e.g., once I was rolling myself to the outer seating area in the food court and there was a little slight slant in the doorway. Seeing that I might have some problem, one of the mall employees, put the tray in his hands down and helped me roll out. I never even had to ask for help. I saw the pictures of the event and they had made a separate area for the wheelchair users and old people beside the stage.

    The excuse that they fear for my safety is quite effective, but a lie. They let my brother go on trips and adventure holidays and say that they "can't let their own fears come in the way of his life's experience." This is so hypocritical.

    I am quite strong and active and trust me, I do not get separated or fall out of my chair. They just don't love me and think of me as a burden. Period!

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Was it Justin Bieber lmao.
    Ahh, justin beiber is a baby I love Shahrukh Khan. You won't know him, but he is the biggest star of the sub-continent and even popular Europe. I have attached his picture. You will know why I am crazy about him

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Life&Roll View Post
    Ahh, justin beiber is a baby I love Shahrukh Khan. You won't know him, but he is the biggest star of the sub-continent and even popular Europe. I have attached his picture. You will know why I am crazy about him
    Oh, lĂ* lĂ*!

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Oh, lĂ* lĂ*!
    I know! A pocket protector with FOUR different color pens!

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I know! A pocket protector with FOUR different color pens!
    Ha ha! This is actually from an ad campaign. He is modeling for those pens He is a movie star, TV personality and highest paid celebrity endorser in the country

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Life&Roll View Post
    You are talking about the worst case scenario. If this is true, then we all should not go anywhere because this can happen anywhere!

    The event was in a mall and even in India, no mall administration want a person on wheelchair or anybody to get hurt in their mall. I have been to many malls in my city and they are always very considerate and helpful.

    For e.g., once I was rolling myself to the outer seating area in the food court and there was a little slight slant in the doorway. Seeing that I might have some problem, one of the mall employees, put the tray in his hands down and helped me roll out. I never even had to ask for help. I saw the pictures of the event and they had made a separate area for the wheelchair users and old people beside the stage
    The excuse that they fear for my safety is quite effective, but a lie. They let my brother go on trips and adventure holidays and say that they "can't let their own fears come in the way of his life's experience." This is so hypocritical.

    I am quite strong and active and trust me, I do not get separated or fall out of my chair. They just don't love me and think of me as a burden. Period!

    In this post you say you are strong and active but in others you state that you can't do things for yourself????? so which is it? Maybe the problem is that your parents know you can do more for yourself but you choose not to and that is hard on them. There are things now that my family refuse to do for me because they know i can do it myself why would i want to add more for them to do when i can do it myself. I was taught at an early age to be as indepentant as possible. I love them and i do what i can for myself I dont expect them to do everything for me simply becuase im disabled. now i agree what they say to you is harsh and i hate that you have to go through that but Saying that they dont love you because of a few incidents and becasue you can't go see a star is very childish. That is something a child would say because they didnt get their way. Do you not consider all they do for you? They could very well put you in a place and not visit you at all. Is that what you want? the fact that they take care of you should show their love. Everyone has their ups and downs in life us as disabled and those that are with us.....

    Being in the mall on a normal day is nothing like it will be if a star is there? There may not be mall workers able to help you. And no we all should not stay at home becuase the worst case sernio can happen i am saying that you should become more indepentant then get mad when your parents treat you this way. If you can prove to them that you are completely capable of taking care of yourself and then they refuse then you have something to complain about. If i couldnt even get myself in and out of my chair the my parents would have every reason to be cautious of me going somewhere. And as far as they let your brother go places unable to be indepentant and in a chair? If he can take care of his needs then sure let him go....if you can't even cath your self or get in and out of your chair you need to learn then go where you want when you want

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I know! A pocket protector with FOUR different color pens!
    Pens? I saw him naked, to be honest.

  9. #59
    Moderator jody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    east o the southern warren
    Posts
    8,530
    funny peeps.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    i understand your disappointment however i do believe the real stars are your parents
    i'm sure they love you and did not take you out of concern.
    i don't know how old you are but yes we all have idols in our life, but what we see is not what we get.

    I agree with Peterf 110 percent

Similar Threads

  1. Life Sucks When Taking a Dump is Dangerous
    By WolfeMan in forum Life
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
  2. Life SUCKS!
    By medic1 in forum Life
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 09:37 PM
  3. Life SUCKS!
    By medic1 in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
  4. Life Sucks (But sometimes the view is nice)
    By orangejello in forum Life
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •