Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 months post injury

yea..we all feel the same way - it sucks! i havent met a person who likes it, lol.
    make the best of it though (right, better said than done .. i need to stop preaching to the choir!)
    anyway...think about all you went thru, what ur still going thru - up side you're still alive and this time will pass.
    my accident was 07/23/11 - 6 months post and i'm still getting there. after my parents being told i might not walk again..i'm walking with a cane, working on a dropped foot. whatever ur faith send one up for me and i'll do the same for u.
    keep in touch.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Sounds like you are making progress, I was also told I would never walk again 14 months ago. I am walking with a cane, but it is not pretty. I have similar issues as you, I have neuropathy in feet (feel like I am walking on broken glass) with fire and ice. I can move my toes, but my balance is poor.

As the SCI nurse stated nerves grow slowly and there is no way to speed them up. Wish there was that magic pill hugh? I am on Lyrica for nerve pain, are you taking anything for that?

You will find the pool is good therapy walking is so much easier, I use a noodle to balance and find it does not even hurt my feet.

Keep up the good work, it will pay off for you. Look at 6 mo where you are at compared to when you were in the hospital.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

i'm gunna get in the pool on tuesday with a therapist to see if i'll be able to get a gym pass and take the pool classes on my own. i've heard good things about the pool.

"I have neuropathy in feet (feel like I am walking on broken glass) with fire and ice."
    me to

wiggle yer toes for me hun!

i'm amazing :0) esp. when i think about that!
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

I really liked going to a pool.

I'd love to go to a gym again.

Welcome to CC.

Pool Therapy is the best kind of therapy you can do. I learned to walk there 23 years ago although chronic pain like the others talk about is kicking my butt today. My walk is not pretty either.

Good luck in your recovery. Focus on life not on a complete healing do all you can to exercise and regain what you can. Lots of people here lead active happy lives.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown