Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Burn Machine

I wonder how this would work with quad hands? Any ideas on modification?
    C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

You've got me intrigued with this thing.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Received the 12lb version today. It feels like it weighs about 20lbs. This thing is a crazy shoulder workout. Used it 4 hours ago for the first time and I can still feel it in my shoulders. Awesome cardio workout, heart rate was up within seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by juggular View Post
    Received the 12lb version today. It feels like it weighs about 20lbs. This thing is a crazy shoulder workout. Used it 4 hours ago for the first time and I can still feel it in my shoulders. Awesome cardio workout, heart rate was up within seconds.

So glad you got one! I have the 8 pound version and it is plenty for me and I am in fairly good shape. It is a really great workout. I like the burn machine becauase it's easy to throw in my suit case for traveling and still be able to get a good workout in while on the road. So happy for you!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by QnMary View Post
    I wonder how this would work with quad hands? Any ideas on modification?

Hi,
    I've never seen any modifications for the burn machine. I would watch the video of how its used and then decide how holding 8 pounds will be. I am T-10 complete and don't think that I could do the 12 pounder. Have you looked on the burn machine website reviews? There might be feedback from quads that could help.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    So glad you got one! I have the 8 pound version and it is plenty for me and I am in fairly good shape. It is a really great workout. I like the burn machine becauase it's easy to throw in my suit case for traveling and still be able to get a good workout in while on the road. So happy for you!
    Without trying one out first I wasn't sure if I should get the 8 or 12 pound version. I workout all the time so went with the 12. Shoulders are sore today and I was only playing around with it. I'm a T4 so can't even hold both hands in front of me without falling forward so what I did was got in my lazy boy and reclined it. Then I was able to do it. Hard part is trying to get out of the lazy boy when your arms are dead lol
    Wanted something to replace a hand cycle to get the same workout, take up less room and a fraction of the cost and the burn machine has done it. Plus you can do more than just the hand cycle movement.

Pretty sure it could be adapted for quads. Give the manufacture an email, if they don't have something I'm sure they'll look into making something.

Yes the burn machine works great. I've used it for 2 months now and have gained endurance. I have moderate CP,use a manual wheelchair and can tell a difference in my range of motion as well. i have the 8 lb model.

Quote Originally Posted by juggular View Post
    Without trying one out first I wasn't sure if I should get the 8 or 12 pound version. I workout all the time so went with the 12. Shoulders are sore today and I was only playing around with it. I'm a T4 so can't even hold both hands in front of me without falling forward so what I did was got in my lazy boy and reclined it. Then I was able to do it. Hard part is trying to get out of the lazy boy when your arms are dead lol
    Wanted something to replace a hand cycle to get the same workout, take up less room and a fraction of the cost and the burn machine has done it. Plus you can do more than just the hand cycle movement.

Pretty sure it could be adapted for quads. Give the manufacture an email, if they don't have something I'm sure they'll look into making something.

Once I have the extra money Im going to get one. Your post helped me decide haha. Ive seen all the videos of people getting paid to show off the burn machine acting like its a killer workout but some of them seem like there trying to make it look a lot harder than it should to help sell it. I was planning on using it in the recliner just like you said. I work out my upper body hard every other day. Im a c6 but have 45lbs of grip in my left hand and 12 in my right. My right is good enough to hold onto a 10lb free weight so I think ill be alright with the 12lb burn machine.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2