Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: A fundrising video from the Reeve Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulquad View Post
    Nobody from the reeves foundation has ever said that epi stim is a cure. I agree that regeneration is the key and hope it will come sooner rather than later. BUT my bones and body are so broken from this friggin injury, that the work or edgerton will certainly be part of the mix-- you use aids as an example--tell me where is the cure there? There are a cocktails that halt and if you know someone with hiv --you know there are various issues around quality of life-- there will never be one size fits all cure for sci-- everybody knows that
    As to Michael J Fox--they haven't by their own mantra cured parkinsons in a decade--and parkinsons is a progression of cells gone bad, not as complex and devestasting as our injury-- they have announced HUGE grants over the last few years with great fanfare-- and you never hear about them again--- their strategy is pretty obvious-- since there are other credible research organizations , they are looking for the hail mary-- I hope to god they find it, but we'll see-- I love their foundation and met michael thru the reeve foundation-- but one could sit in a chat room and look at the millions they pissed away in research that resulted in nothing
    steven davies promised me a cure at a w2w conference a few years ago, ever got to a miami project dinner-- they tell you marc is gonna walk down the aisle the next year--wise told barbara walters and the world in 1997 that chris was going to walk in 5 years--- everyone loves to throw chris around-- but his inner circle knows how he felt about these false promises at the end of his life and the foundation is carrying on the dual cure and care programs that he chose to give his name and $$$ to
    Hopefulquad,

could you please read my post #107 in this thread?

Please read it with attention and more than once maybe..
    I am sorry, but I start to consider the possibility you are hopeless, not hopeful - LOL! How many times do I have to explain things?
    Or maybe the problem is just my english...

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 01-27-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

And "hopefulquad", don't misquote Dr. Young, he did not say that.

I think the epistim could be a very important component to curing many people

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    My memory was Henry Stifle and his family merging (swallowing) the APA which Kent Waldrep began. The Stifles then merged with Chris & Dana. Then again I am getting old and my memory isn't perfect. When Chris started all he talked about was cure. He caught a ton of flack from those wanting care on the table because they were fighting daily for care services and wished to try to stay fit in case the cure were to arrive.
    That's odd. Hopefulquad now says Christopher was saying entirely different things while he was alive. I didn't think all the care portion started up until after Christopher died? There seems to be lots of misquotes... anyway, business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    That's odd. Hopefulquad now says Christopher was saying entirely different things while he was alive. I didn't think all the care portion started up until after Christopher died? There seems to be lots of misquotes... anyway, business as usual.
    I think the misquotes will be with us forever. All I can say is Christopher was talking pretty much cure only when he was here for the opening ceremonies of the Paralympic Games of 96. His next two visits (one of which was to use our facility as a backdrop for a movie) he was talking care and cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    And "hopefulquad", don't misquote Dr. Young, he did not say that.
    Still Me page 139
    I've heard Wise say it plenty of times--love the man to be sure, but he says it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulquad View Post
    Still Me page 139
    I've heard Wise say it plenty of times--love the man to be sure, but he says it all the time
    Hopefulquand,
    Did you read my post #107? Can you understand what I said?

Just curious.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming