Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drum Circle

Drum Circle

Have you? Tell me about it.

Was invited.

I live in Eugene Oregon where old hippies grew up. They have these things at the Saturday market all the time. They have these things at protests all the time. They have these things for no reason at all all of the time. I have a neighbor who drums all of the time.

I want to kill him. All of the time.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

First Nations? Yes. Otherwise? No. lol

I missed the local pow-wow near home in September. I really wanted to go but wasn't up to it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I am identified as Native American on all official documents. I find these hippie circles to be offensive. I really do.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

< - - - interested in new form of expression, of letting go, using my body (fist and paw in this case)

< - - - will only be heard by those participating as this will not be in a public area or near anyone's home

< - - - unafraid and curious about what's and how's of it

< - - - will give it a go in January

I would go and give it a try if invited and not a public thing.

They can be long.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Linda, I will. Thanks.

Ms. Liz, thanks for the heads up. Will arrange my own transportation so I can leave whenever I've had enough.

At last year's SCI forum put on by the BC Paraplegic Association, there were several breakout workshops. The drum circle was the one that most people were talking about afterward. It was a huge success. Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    At last year's SCI forum put on by the BC Paraplegic Association, there were several breakout workshops. The drum circle was the one that most people were talking about afterward. It was a huge success. Do it!
    Hooray! Thanks, Van. I'm looking forward to the circle and I'm going.

The circle isn't happening due to a dis org. I'm the only quad, and only dis person, invited to this. As Jack Nicholson once said, "Wait 'til they get a load of me." ;p The hosts know me, obviously, but the others, not at all.

My expectations are positive. I anticipate enjoying this, especially using my body to create noisy rhythms with others. What is it about using my body, any of it, to express myself? There is so much I've adapted to doing differently, so much I need help doing. This is one of those things I'll be able to do as is.

It seems when I expect to enjoy something, when I look forward with excitement, it's generally a positive experience. That's how I view this.

Will report post circle.