Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18x16 ZRa-c Pics

18x16 ZRa-c Pics

These are pics of an 18x16 ZRa, I ordered for a veteran as his first wheelchair.

The Red Pepper anodized package he chose does look nice...

Here are the specs...

- 18x16 TiLite ZRA-c
    - 80 Degree Front Angle
    - V front end with 12" footrest Width
    - 14.5" Seat-to-Footrest Length (Extension tubes adjusted downward to ~16" at the time of photo)
    - Seat-To-Floor Heights: 19" Front/15.5" Rear
    - COG: 3.25"
    - Rear Wheel Spacing: 1"
    - 2 Degrees Camber
    - 4" x1" Billet Aluminum Casters w/ Soft Roll Tire
    - 25"x1" Spinergy LX Wheels, Primo Passage Tires, and NaturalFit Handrims

When I sent in the specs I requested that the rear axle be set as far back as possible without the camber tube mounting clamps and backrest hinge having to share hardware. On this chair, it was 3.25"...

This veteran is a latte fanatic and I have the challenging task of mounting a cup holder on it so he can have his coffee "to go". Given his sacrifice for our country, however, I think I will be able to manage that. I'll be sending him this link with the hope that he will become a CC member.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 11-11-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Edited to include seat to footrest length

Smile ZRa Beverage Holder

SCI_OTR,

I use a beverage holder on my ZRa that works great, a Twofish Beverage Holder. It was my first accessory. I have been using it for over a year with no problems. Plus, the minimalist design looks good on a ZRa.

I am a serious coffee addict and could not get along without it.

Steve

Not sure if this appropriate to ask but what are the clinical reasons for the axle being set so far back? Is the paitent a amputee or is it plain & simple a balance issue?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Not sure if this appropriate to ask but what are the clinical reasons for the axle being set so far back? Is the paitent a amputee or is it plain & simple a balance issue?
    Actually 3.25 isn't really all that far back. We need to start out more on the stable side since this is his first chair, but I wanted the clamps in front of the backrest hinge to make moving the axle forward easier when he's ready. As the pic shows, if the value I spec'd was less than 3.25", the clamp would have had to share a bolt with the backrest hinge and would have been another 1/2" or so further back. To move it forward, additional bolts and coved washers would need to be installed to free up the clamp (TiLite ships this hardware with the chair). By instructing them to mount it where I did, only a 3/16" Allen wrench is needed to move the axle forward.

Curious... How old are these "Vetrans"? Cause they got some stylin chairs!

okay, i have to say that the greatest beverage holder is a liquidcaddy.com, wspecially for hot drinks as its fully gimbaled - so no spills! its also easy to attach. i used to have one i think is sold by sammons preston, also gimballed, but it folds up. its harder to attach though...amazon has the liquid caddys, which are alsoo available in red...

Yah my first chair (the one i still have) is the suck. The OT/PT couldn't get me the one she wanted to get me becuase of insurance reasons, maybe VETS get better insurance?
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

My friend gets her supplies/chairs through the vets, because they said her disability was caused because of her father being exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnam war. She gets basically the top of the line stuff...TiLites, all doctor appointments and surgeries paid for...all medications paid for...the works. I do not know if she is the norm or the exception...but it is a lot better than what I get!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks always interesting to hear the how's & why's of wheelchair configuration.

Mmmm. Nice looking ride. Thanks for the photos. Please keep posting