Thread: NASA internship

NASA internship

Just saw an item elsewhere that NASA is now recruiting disabled applicants for summer internships with a deadline of Feb. 12, 2012. Apparently they are trying to get more persons (PWD) into science, technology, etc. careers. I have no further information about the program but a contact name of kenneth.a.silberman@nasa.gov
    Also, the phone number for him 301-286-9281.
    Applications are being taken now.
    Sorry this is such scanty information, but perhaps there's a NASA website that would describe the program further. In any case, an applicant should identify that they have a disability and are applying for this particular program.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Just saw an item elsewhere that NASA is now recruiting disabled applicants for summer internships with a deadline of Feb. 12, 2012. Apparently they are trying to get more persons (PWD) into science, technology, etc. careers. I have no further information about the program but a contact name of kenneth.a.silberman@nasa.gov
    Also, the phone number for him 301-286-9281.
    Applications are being taken now.
    Sorry this is such scanty information, but perhaps there's a NASA website that would describe the program further. In any case, an applicant should identify that they have a disability and are applying for this particular program.
    i'd be happy to help if i can.

more info:

http://deafnetwork.com/wordpress/blo...in-summer-2012

Coop Student Applications for 2012

Coop Student Applications for 2012
    The Office of Human Capital Management has allocated new coop slots for the fiscal year. We need to spread the word about getting students to apply to the coop website (provided URL below) for these positions. The eligibility requirements for the coop program are posted on the website. Please share the information with any previous summer students who may be qualified and interested, or to other students you know to apply for the following positions: Code B (Accounting & Budget), Code D (Manufacturing and other Engineering Disciplines), Code J (Human Resources), Code Q (Safety Engineering), Code R (Electronics, Materials & Structures Engineering). Please contact Coop Program Manager Traci Bassi (3-2499), or Recruitment Coordinator Lauren Demirjian (3-6202) regarding questions. URL: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/OHR/coop/ Point of Contact: Lauren Demirjian (216.433.6202)
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I was a coop with NASA back in the 70's while attending college. Led to a full career with NASA...29 years...I retired about 4 years ago. NASA was a great employer. I loved my career