Thread: Wheelchair Motorcycles

If you are interested in off road the three wheel ATV's work pretty well for wheelers. They are hand controlled and I once road one that was adapted with straps to keep my feet on the pedals and a back support with straps. They have huge low pressure tires that go over almost anything. Check Honda for one.

I like the Honda 4-Trax quad way better...Trikes have a tendency to flip and/or break traction when turning fast. The 4Trax quad has a push button automatic transmission with reverse and your chair fits on the back easy!

Are you referring to those old three wheel ATVs? I'm pretty sure three wheel ATVs haven't even been built since the late 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinationUnknown View Post
    Are you referring to those old three wheel ATVs? I'm pretty sure three wheel ATVs haven't even been built since the late 1980's.
    OOPS, I guess that gives away how long ago it was that I had the opportunity to try one!

OK, I have to mention this as I find it weird and slightly disturbing. I did NOT start this thread. I merely answered a question another had asked, and now it looks like I was dumb enough to start a thread with no current day knowledge. Whoever did this I am not terribly amused.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    OOPS, I guess that gives away how long ago it was that I had the opportunity to try one!
    Well since you just mentioned it in your post, I guess it kind of does. No biggie, I actually thought you brought it up because you recently got a chance to ride one.

It is strange that this thread was started by someone else.

I had a three wheeled Honda in the early days. Most dangerous bike I owned. If your feet come off at all, they are immediatley run over by the baloon tires. A buddy broke both his legs on it. It was unstable in the turns and would wheelie over backwards very easily.