Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: pics of my solid seat pan

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    But was bolt on, if you still have it, fix it with velcro and go down a few curbs and tell us what`s happens.
    They're both long gone.

Blog Entries
    Radio, you need to lighten up. Toto obviously sees this as a safety issue - it's not personal.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    How far is your head jammed up your ass? To the shoulders?
    An answer it's not worth.

Circles are stronger than hexes. Manhole covers are circles for a reason.
    The TiLite Al pan was a sandwich design. I'm not sure how the honeycomb was configured or what it was made of -- it was the center of the sandwich and not visible.

The Bobby Hall pan was a solid 6061 Al sheet -- very stiff.

The Dragon Plate cf is considerably lighter weight and just as stiff.

Circles are stronger than hexes. Manhole covers are circles for a reason.
    FYI - manhole covers are circles so they can never fall down the manhole; hexes could fall down. Manhole-cover shape is not a strength issue.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Stephen,

I am interested in getting a Dragon plate. I looked at their website but cannot figure out what to order. Here is something I found. https://dragonplate.com/ecart/produc...D=5749&cID=201
    Can you tell me what you ordered. My chair is 15w x 15d. Then, what size plate should I order? I am not sure if they do custom cut.

By the way, I weight only 113 pounds and want to have the solid pan as thin as I can. I plan to cover it with lubber or leather sheet so that it does not move around under the cushion.

Your recommendation is appreciated.

Jon
    Last edited by jungsik; 03-07-2016 at 03:36 AM.

go for 1/8" thick

An eighth of an inch of carbon fiber for 113 pounds is overkill.

Get aluminum at 1/8 of an inch from onlinemetals.com in the dimensions you need and save yourself a lot of hassle and money.

Quote Originally Posted by jungsik View Post
    Stephen,

I am interested in getting a Dragon plate. I looked at their website but cannot figure out what to order. Here is something I found. https://dragonplate.com/ecart/produc...D=5749&cID=201
    Can you tell me what you ordered. My chair is 15w x 15d. Then, what size plate should I order? I am not sure if they do custom cut.

By the way, I weight only 113 pounds and want to have the solid pan as thin as I can. I plan to cover it with lubber or leather sheet so that it does not move around under the cushion.

Your recommendation is appreciated.

Jon
    Hi Jon, the carbon fiber seat pans we offer through Bike-On do not come from Dragon Plate. We use an independent carbon fiber fabricator who makes these for us as one-offs. The plate thickness is 5/32" and the width and depth dimensions are custom to the user. We can also have a series of "vents" (width-wise routs) cut into the pan to remove additional weight. I use Velcro to attach my CF pans to the frame. You can apply small Velcro strips to the top of the pan to match up with the Velcro attachments that typically are on the underside of the cushion cover to keep the cushion from shifting.

If you have more questions, please email me at stephen@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    . . . We use an independent carbon fiber fabricator who makes these for us as one-offs. . .
    Will your CF fabricator make an ergo pan? Seat =17"w x 16"d with 22.5 degree bend for ergo at 6" from back edge of seat.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>