Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dave going to hospital

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Is he taking pills or needles to deal with diabetes? I only ask because maybe a pump would be better as it would self-adjust?

Glad he got a diagnosis .. I wondered if it was going to be diabetes.
    Needles, good thing they don't scare me.
    We see an educator in a couple days that is supposed to be very thorough and have other suggestions for managment.

That should be really helpful Linda and put your mind at ease. It's still a pain to get everything lined up and going good. Sounds like you guys are on track now.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    The only funny thing is that today the residents were having a heated argument in the hall before they came in in front of the doc about how to present the info.
    I had to laugh out loud when I saw this bit. I know this is serious but to have the residents arguing about how to present info to his doctor? I have been following this thread but was waiting to find out the diagnosis.

If they offer a dietician, take it! It's not covered here except if you're diabetic.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    The only funny thing is that today the residents were having a heated argument in the hall before they came in in front of the doc about how to present the info.
    It's nice to know they still focus on what's important.

Linda: Good news that Dave will be coming home soon. We too are dealing with a new diagnosis of diabetes but not sure of the treatment route yet. Because of renal failure they are going back and forth on pills vs shots. Right now the entire house is following a different diet--hard at the holidays but doable.

Glad you are going home today, wish you a comfy sleep in your own beds!
    Every day I wake up is a good one

So glad you are both getting home. Also, it was good to hear that they diagnosed the problem. It is a pain, but at least you know what you are dealing with. A big hug ((((())))).
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Hope everything is going well Linda, please contact me/Craig if you need any assistance. My # 303-789-8188 or Nurse Advice Line: 800-247-0257.

Take care, Chris

Well, we made it home about 2 today. A service recommended by the hospital brought Dave home on a stretcher and a few hours later he was up in his chair feeling worn out and happy to be home. It was $60.
    The hospital room was so tiny it would have been nearly impossible to get a hoyer, the chair and a couple of us to seat him and I was also a bit concerned about the short trip home since he had not been out of bed for 5 days.
    When they were bringing him down the hall my daughter saw his arm was dangling under the sheet and got pulled through the doorway,but looks OK.
    Figuring out the 2 types of insulin, chart, meter,sticks and needles and so on.
    We see an educator in 2 weeks since needed and afternoon appt.
    The nurses and aides were all good to us-hope we don't see them for a while!
    Now to get things back on schedule...........

So glad to hear!