Thread: Measuring bowel motility time

Measuring bowel motility time

Due to reduction in bowel motility it is difficult to adjust the Miralax dosage. I had pudding poo, hard poo, and then pudding in the same session. Without some 'feedback' you don't know if the texture (consistency) of what’s coming out now is indicative of what will come out next.

Used to drink carrot juice and when my poo came out orange, could deduce how long it was taking or if it was moving at all. Found this useful after 30 years of every other morning, or if constipation was indicated would use something more aggressive (Pre Miralax).

Now if I sense a slowdown I can’t measure it, but if constipated will take 2 doses every day and program every morning until resolution.

Now there is no more stores around (they cut off my juice!) that sell carrot juice and was wondering if there was some other drug, food or drink that would do the same. Maybe a dye?

Was told 'purple' Gatorade would turn your stool green and wondered how much you need to drink or if there was something else to measure bowel motility with.

Try corn
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Yes, I like corn for a "poor man's bowel motility test". Canned or frozen is fine Time from eating it to seeing residue in stool.

(KLD)

Sesame seeds, wild rice, corn... anything that has an indigestible seed coat.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Yes, I like corn for a "poor man's bowel motility test". Canned or frozen is fine Time from eating it to seeing residue in stool.

(KLD)
    Works GREAT we call them "TRACKERS"