Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found my buddy after 26 years in the water

Oh Patrick, What a shock and mixed feelings you must all have.
    How are you feeling about all of this?

Thanks guys, It's not about me, I'm doing okay. I'm sure you have all gone thru this or are going thru it now. Yeah, the thoughts just come and go. A few make me smile a few made me sad. It was neat that a few of us were just talking about him a few days ago.

I think both parents passed away sometime ago. It gives me the hibbie gibbies thinking of being under water for 26 years and finally coming to the surface. We spoke a few weeks before he died and he had a feeling he would end up being "crab food" as he put it. He and a buddy inadvertently bagged some clams or crab in a protected area and he felt terrible about it.

I always knew I was going to be in a chair, probably since I was five. I always thought I was going to lose my legs not be paralyzed. Premonitions.... a fortune tellers dream

Patrick, I read the title and thought a favorite possession found in the lake--I was stunned when I opened the post.

I too am hoping for closure for everyone. After 26 yrs, it is something I never would have expected.

Condolences to his circle of friends and family.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Oh but Patrick - you and I both know his soul rose above the water many years ago - only his shell remained below. But now for his remaining loved ones comes the beginning of the end at long last - I do wish you all peace !

He kind of looked like Sonny Bono except bulkier - stronger - a sad very story!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

sorry for your loss, brings up old wounds and pain.

peace

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

I read this post last night as I met Peter in rehab also. I heard he died scuba diving but didn't know he wasn't found. I was 15 at the time so my Mom knew Peter better. Feel terrible for his brother but glad he was found.

RIP. Condolences..

It is indeed incredible that his body never left the bay. One article I read about him said his body, still in the wetsuit, was weighted down by his heavy equipment.

I wish you and his family peace in this difficult time.

All the best,
    GJ

RIP, so sorry for your loss, I'm sure finding him brings both pain and closure.

Im glad they have some closure.
    My uncle was never found. He was a young man, and was invited to Hawaii to surf. He went out on a boat with friends and only one person came back, or we would have never known what happened to him.

He was probably shark food.
    I dont know if he had a premonition, but before he went to hawaii, he saved me from drowning in a tide pool hole at ocean beach.