Thread: hemorrhoids I think

hemorrhoids I think

I was doing my bowl routine and notice when I was putting in the suppository I felt something.. It feels like I have knots there.. I assume their hemorrhoids but not sure.. How can I get rid of them? When if at all should I contact my doctor? I would aprishiate any help... Thanks
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    hemmeroids are swollen blood vessels, get some tucks pads and put 'em between your cheeks. keep them in the fridge, they feel good when cold. suppositories irratte them.

Hemorroids come in two basic types: internal (inside the rectum) and external (right at the anus). They may need different treatment. Generally treatment is not recommended for either unless 1) you are bleeding excessively from the hemorrhoids, esp. between bowel care, or 2) they are causing excessive pain (if you have sensation) or AD (if you are at risk).

A colorectal surgeon is the person to see for an evaluation of your hemorrhoids, generally by an office procedure called sigmoidoscopy. Simple hemorrhoids may be treated with "rubber banding" or injection of a sclerosing material that clots them off so they don't bleed any more. Some hemorrhoids that are deep, large, and internal require regular surgery.

Suppositories, creams, ointments and pads mostly help with pain, but cannot cure or reverse the process of a hemorrhoid developing once you have one.

(KLD)

Thier not bleeding I can just feel them slightly inside.. I don't feel pain from them but alittle pressure is the best way to describe it.. Will they go away on their own?? And how long does it uasually take if they do.. I have to use suppositories or I won't be able to go if I don't..
    It is how we rise.

Also will they make it harder for me to have a bowel movement. I don't eat a lot and sometimes I barely go now.. So I just don't want to get bloated from over eating thinking that's the problem. Thanks again...
    Last edited by Shana; 12-07-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    It is how we rise.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Generally treatment is not recommended for either unless 1) you are bleeding excessively from the hemorrhoids, esp. between bowel care, or 2) they are causing excessive pain...

(KLD)
    Also I don't think one can use Peristeen with them, if Peristeen ever turns out to become available.

There is no reason you cannot use a suppository, manual removal, or digital stimulation just because you have hemorrhoids. They will also not obstruct your bowel.

(KLD)

Thank you!
    It is how we rise.

If you keep your stool soft and aren't too rough with the dig stim, they should go away. Astringents like Witch Hazel can help. You may be able to find a witch hazel lotion to use, or you could make your own pads... just put witch hazel on a gauze and stick it on there. Horst Chestnut tincture is also good for hemorrhoids.