Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so I went to the gastrologist

so I went to the gastrologist

He noticed I was kinda not at ease, so I told him about my last vist to a gastorologist, and how she threatened to have me put in a home if I went in there complaining about my belly again. that it was all in my head, and if I didnt let it go, she was going to send that letter to all of my doctors.
    anyway, this Dr actually thinks I have a bleeding ulcer from my bloodwork over the recent months. so i have to get the rubber hose treatment to check it out.

Jody, I'm so sorry you have to go through that, but on the other hand thank heaven you're seeing a doctor who took you seriously and has found a possible reason for your pain! It makes sense that you would have an ulcer - especially in view of your symptoms in recent months. Keep us posted.

Hi "jody,"

Sorry to hear about the horrible experience you had with your former gastroenterologist. But, hopefully, you have found someone who will listen to you and help you with the pain.

If you are eventually diagnosed with an ulcer, ask the doctor about Helicobacter pylori (h pylori) a bacteria that lives in the stomach and is responsible for an incredible number of peptic ulcers. The treatment is relatively simple and very effective. It consists of a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole and two antibiotics clarithromycin and amoxicillin or metronidazole if you are allergic to penicillin.

All the best,
    GJ

Been there....done that. I hope its an easier fix than an ulcer. I want to see you before I leave. I don't have a definite date yet and I have several more trips to your neck of the woods to make. I will get in touch with you soon. I hope you feel better.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

well, Im around mostly.
    I was hoping you would be around a while, its actually a nice area.

It's good to finally get some answers so at least it can be treated! Yay for a doctor who listens!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I hope you get some relieve Jody.... there are some real JERK doctors out there, my last visit to my spinal surgeon took all of 4 seconds!!! he literally just stuck his head in the door and said things are healing i think your bladder and bowel issues are from the trauma from your accident see you next month...... That will be $167 for my precious time and x-ray....

I hope things work out for you then maybe you can enjoy eating again!!
    Last edited by fromnwmont; 12-07-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    He noticed I was kinda not at ease, so I told him about my last vist to a gastorologist, and how she threatened to have me put in a home if I went in there complaining about my belly again. that it was all in my head, and if I didnt let it go, she was going to send that letter to all of my doctors.
    anyway, this Dr actually thinks I have a bleeding ulcer from my bloodwork over the recent months. so i have to get the rubber hose treatment to check it out.
    good god, i dont know how you held your temper. If an md said this to me, i would have ripped them a new a-hole. She is the one that needs to be in a 'home'. Realistically file a complaint against.

I'm glad this doc took you serious Jody. Have you been able to eat any better?
    Sorry to hear of the "rubber hose" treatment, but if it gets to the root of this it will be worth it.
    We have met a couple real prizes of docs too. My favorite was the ENT that jumped when Dave spasmed and said we would have to come back when he felt better.
    Asses.