Thread: your dream way of an instant cure

your dream way of an instant cure

if your cure could be instant how would you want it to happen?

I think I would want it to hit me like this...
    My friends dad always says he has a dream that I wake up, get out of bed, walk to the bathroom to take a piss then realize whats going on and everything is normal.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Yep, that is definatly a dream, lol.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

<sigh> .... for the first couple months in hospital after injury I barely slept and never hit REM sleep. The first time I did I dreamt I awakened in my childhood home and everything was better than it ever was. My mom, who is in the final stages of Parkinsons' disease, was healthy and beautiful, my dad was sober, my sister wasn't a bitch. I had big family breakfast and went skateboarding with my cousins. When the nurses woke me up back into hell I just let loose howling like a banshee.

I've learned to enjoy those type of dreams. But real-life too. My young buddy I was in rehab with still constantly talks/thinks about being "cured" and hasn't moved on with his life. In a way I understand it but in another way I feel sorry for him.

Instant cure for me would be akin to Avatar when he runs and feels the sand on his feet. Only I'd be on my KX getting pelted with gravel and mud. And I'd probably ride crazier than I ever did.

i do BUT that is the ONLY cure I dream of

I've had that dream. Sometimes in the dream I suddenly remember I'm disabled and things stop working.

Last night I dreamt I climbed a ladder in my chair. It was going pretty good too though I had some trouble at the top. Hey, dream logic - it made sense then.

Woke up this morning pretty freaking scared. Not because of my dream but because my right shoulder is really hurting and it's been bothering me for a long time and I'm scared I might be forced to stop using a manual chair. Right now I feel like I couldn't handle that. So freaking out a bit.

Turned 44 yesterday. What do I have coming? Feel lousy whenever I feel sorry for myself since a lot of people would kill to be in my shoes. No SCI, can stand, reach and walk. I've got sensation. No tubes, no hospital visits right now.

How are you supposed to feel about things? Somebody always has it harder than you so when can you feel a little bad about what you've got?

If I could have anything? Okay, I'd settle and I'd think I'd be pretty happy about my bargain: let me use a manual chair for the rest of my life and I'll take whatever else happens.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread a bit but on dreams, I still have half and half. Half of the time I'm in the chair and half I'm not. I'll tell ya' though, climbing a ladder in my chair was a new one ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Last night I dreamt I climbed a ladder in my chair.

.... and I'm scared I might be forced to stop using a manual chair. Right now I feel like I couldn't handle that. So freaking out a bit.

How are you supposed to feel about things? Somebody always has it harder than you so when can you feel a little bad about what you've got?

If I could have anything? Okay, I'd settle and I'd think I'd be pretty happy about my bargain: let me use a manual chair for the rest of my life and I'll take whatever else happens.

.... climbing a ladder in my chair was a new one ;-)
    climbing a ladder? must've been your coveted Icon. lol

re: somebody else always has it worse - this is what keeps me going somedays. I don't get down on myself if I think positively. I am so lucky to have what I do, money, decent hands, prospects. But something tells me I'd have been ok if I was a C3 on a vent with no insurance. Just would've been different is all.

re: manual chair - talk to guys like SCIfor55. Others like Curt and PatrickM are getting up there too - I think alot of it has to do with staying active on their handcycles and exercising regularly. Although SCI like us is not a progressive disability. Hope your shoulders settle down..

I once had a dream that i died but came back to attend my funeral incognito.

For me I am always walking back out of the same surf that I was paralyzed in. I am more aware though that things like sand between my toes and the tightening skin feeling after having been in salt water is pretty special, as is leaving footprints in the soft sand as I exit the beach with friends to go across the street for an ice cream cone.

I use to have a dream a flying saucer landed in my back yard and the aliens took me on board and cured me. All the aliens were real hot looking woman too so that was a added bonus.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I use to have a dream a flying saucer landed in my back yard and the aliens took me on board and cured me. All the aliens were real hot looking woman too so that was a added bonus.
    Now this, is a dream I'm interested in ;-)