Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New chair advice for a noob. Considering a ZRA

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post

A 25" wheel would also make it a little more difficult to clear the rear wheel during transfers.
    ).
    Remember is a low para, i didn`t notice any difference in my transfers.

Hey guys, sorry about going MIA - just got back Stateside a few days ago. So, to sum it all up, my new chair config is looking something like this:

Frame Finishes: Satin
    Color Anodizing Package: Black
    Rear Seat Width: 16"
    SCI, I wasn't sure if you were suggesting a 15" or 16" width, because your CAD drawing said 16", but you typed 15" everywhere else...
    Front Seat Width: No Taper
    Seat Depth: 15" + 2"
    Front Seat Height: 19.5"
    Rear Seat Height: 16.5"
    Front Angle: 85°
    Seat to Footrest: 16"
    If this distance is wrong, can it be adjusted at all?
    Footrest Type: Titanium Footrest w/ Flat ABS Cover
    Front End Type & Footrest Width: Standard Front End - 12" (1.5" Taper)
    Seat Back Type: Folding Titanium Adjustable Height
    TiShaft Back Release Bars: Titanium
    Seat Back Height: No Push Handles - Short - 10"
    Still wondering about this one - suggestions? I was originally thinking of keeping my current medium 15", but I don't lean on it as it is right now anyway.
    Seat Back Options: 4" Deep Backrest Rigidizer Bar
    Seat Back Angle: 92°
    Based on toto's suggestion. I still don't understand how the relationship with the degree + SCI level though.
    Center of Gravity: 3.25"
    Rear Wheel Spacing: 0.75" with spacers
    Camber: 4°
    Camber Tube Type: Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    Front Casters: 5" x 1.5" Plastic Wheel w/ Poly Tire
    Do I need to specify to Tilite to use the middle holes to mount these? So that I can switch to 4" casters later if I change my mind?
    Front Forks: TiLite Standard Forks w/ Titanium Fork Stems
    The above two to be replaced with Unitines and Soft Rolls. How difficult are these to install yourself? I'm... reasonably handy.
    Rear Wheels: 25" Black Spinergy LX
    Axles: Titanium Quick Release
    Rear Wheel Tire: Primo (to be replaced by Schwalbe Marathon Evolutions)
    Handrims: Aluminum - Long Tab
    Wheel Locks: Surelocks
    These are the ones that have a custom Tilite option right?
    Upholstery Colors: Black
    Back Upholstery: Tension Adjustable by Straps
    Seat Upholstery: Tension Adjustable Bolt-On
    Seat Cushion: ROHO High Profile Quadtro
    Side Guards: Carbon Fiber Rigid Removable - Standard
    Calf Strap: Bodypoint Padded Velcro Adjustable - Large

If I made any mistakes here, let me know! And I've appreciated all the help over the past few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    5 X 1.5 casters are better for outdoors, give a better ride to the chair, 4"x1.5 are ok too, but only if they are softroll by froglegs.
    I think tilite don`t offer them in their order form, so just order the wheelchair with std caster with the size you want and after buy this ones, if you are an outdoor man go for 5 by froglegs too, 4 are just a bit lighter and the chair became a bit more agile in quick turns 90º at home.

About the 25" rear wheels, here are a lot of guys using them, just ask if one of them after have tried 25" went back again to 24" in the next chair, i don`t think so.

I go better with the 25" even uphills.
    I've got 2 chairs, one with 25" other 24", I can notice the difference easily and would go for a 25" wheel from now on every time. Both are fitted with Marathon Evo Plus tires just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by faji_tama View Post
    Rear Seat Width: 16"
    SCI, I wasn't sure if you were suggesting a 15" or 16" width, because your CAD drawing said 16", but you typed 15" everywhere else...
    It's not really a CAD drawing made specifically for you. It is a drawing based on a CAD drawing for hypothetical specs I provided to TiLite. You would know best whether you would ft in a 15" wide chair or need to go out to 16".

Seat to Footrest: 16"
    If this distance is wrong, can it be adjusted at all?
    You have more than enough adjustability here.
    Seat Back Height: No Push Handles - Short - 10"
    Still wondering about this one - suggestions? I was originally thinking of keeping my current medium 15", but I don't lean on it as it is right now anyway.
    Or you could go 12-16.5, pull out the extension tube and put a plug in the back post which would give you a single post set at 12". It saves a smidgen of weight and causes less wear on the backrest ears.
    Seat Back Options: 4" Deep Backrest Rigidizer Bar
    Just curious. Why? It would push a backpack out away from the backrest.

Do you want the backrest that locks when folded? If so, don't forget to select it.

Front Casters: 5" x 1.5" Plastic Wheel w/ Poly Tire
    Do I need to specify to Tilite to use the middle holes to mount these? So that I can switch to 4" casters later if I change my mind?
    Should happen automatically.
    Wheel Locks: Surelocks
    These are the ones that have a custom Tilite option right?
    Ask for engineering special "stephen212" when you place your order Surelocks.

Ask for a CAD drawing before placing your order.

Just curious. Why? It would push a backpack out away from the backrest.

Do you want the backrest that locks when folded? If so, don't forget to select it.
    I'm assuming the rigidizer bar is the one behind the back seat that is sometimes used as a mounting point for push handles and the like right? Or is it something else? When I'm out traveling in places like Taiwan, and need to be lifted up curbs or carried up stairs, it's a handy anchor point from which others can lift me...

What are the pros/cons of a locking folded backrest? My Revolution doesn't lock when folded, and I haven't noticed too many issues with that.

What are the pros/cons of a locking folded backrest? My Revolution doesn't lock when folded, and I haven't noticed too many issues with that.
    But if it locks would be better imo, i don`t see any cons, Ì don`t know how tilite do it, but probably will be something similar at this, when you fold the backrest a piston gets into the other hole and lock the backrest.

My backrest its rigid, but if i would have to order a chair with a folding backrest i would do it with locking folded backrest.

I have a folding back that locks down. I have never yet 'needed' it, but it's comforting to know it's there if I do. I ordered it after reading about a chair blown out of a pickup truck bed on the highway because the wind caught the non-locking back.

TiLite uses a hook style. Mine works great (after some initial adjustment).
    Attachment 43419

It is nice to have confidence the back will stay put when I fold it for loading. I can turn the chair any ole which way while loading, and it stays put.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 01-12-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

That is the Series 1 mechanism. The Series 2 is different.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I have a folding back that locks down. I have never yet 'needed' it, but it's comforting to know it's there if I do.
    I thought they lock automaticaly when folding, in the pic lock always when you fold down the backrest.

That is the Series 1 mechanism. The Series 2 is different.
    yes. my bad

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I thought they lock automaticaly when folding, in the pic lock always when you fold down the backrest.
    Mine does lock automatically. sorry for confusion.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>