Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is my new Company....

This is my new Company....

It's called OSMOTICA PHARMACEUTICALS...and guess what! They are coming out with a new drug called R-Baclofen.

I mean how frickin amazing is that; I get a job or a company that makes baclofen, oxybutlyn, and some other fun stuff too....?!

Being an accountant I could have gotten a job for a company that makes dog-poop-scoops, or anything.....but here I am surrounded by people in white coats who are coming up with new stuff. And usually people in white coats do unspeakable things to me....so this is a nice change.

Anyway, R-Baclofen reportedly does what normal baclofen does, but without any of the side-effects, most notably it does not make you sleepy. Which is great. They are getting their first clinical batch out on Jan 15th for humans.....and me

Anyway here are some fun pics of my first days.....

See the office with the light on, that's mine.....the Plant Manager is in the corner next to me. Super nice facilities.

I want them to make it look like I am pulling a wheelie....

Does this sweater-vest make me look more disabled???

On a serious note, its nice to have a job again....being unemployed was a bit scary for a while there. All those who are unemployed have my sincere sympathies, especially those in a chair. I need to try not to lose this one (by wasting time posting on CCC??!!).....

congrats! )
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

When I read the thread title I thought you started a company. lol Anyhow, congratulations. Any employee perks like free company drugs?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Best wishes to you, Mark, this is very exciting news!

Hey Mark, good to hear from you and that things are going well with the new company.
    Did you get your very own brand new custom made HC spot? Those pictures are great.
    Try to find a teeny bit of time to post......
    Last edited by LindaT; 12-05-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Congrats on New Job

Hi Mark,
    Congratulations on your new job. Sounds like a great opportunity. Keep us posted on any new drugs in the pipeline. Just don't let them use you as an experimental test subject.

Will you continue your efforts on the Power Pod?

My best....
    In the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall. ......Bob Dylan

MarkB701: I had the same thought as SCIfor55yrs - you started your own company. Anyway, congratulations! looks like a nice company to work for.

yes, sorry for the misunderstanding...

definitely a very cool and progressive company. I am really excited about the R-Baclofen. They really seem to have a handle on this.

Did you know that after testing on animals (rats) they test new drugs on people in developing countries (India, Romania etc)? I was a little shocked. The reason is that they are simply looking for a class of people who have not already been treated for their illness. Over here you would have to weane all the old people off their demensia drugs and then start them on the test drug.......

Anyway, I am going to try to sneak some of the Baclofen myself.....I mean, whats the worst that could happen....

www.osmotica.com

Oh and yes, still doing the Power Pod....shipping out the first one this week.....

Sounds great Mark, you sure do have a lot of motivation!!! While your there if you bump into any of the scientists in the hallway tell em to develop a pill to cure SCI too,
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 12-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred