Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offroading with my RZR S

Offroading with my RZR S

this is riding we did in the southern sierras over thanksgiving weekend. first time really putting it to the rzr on that kind of terrain. was totally impressed with how well these machine climb over/through anything. can't wait to do it again!

http://youtu.be/ewgwZTCxwew?hd=1

Cool vid man! I'm looking to trade in my Sportsman 850xp for a razor. How do you like the "s" version? Is it tough to get around on the standard 4 wheeler trails. I was thinking about getting the standard 50" wide model hoping that it will still go most places a 4 wheeler goes. What are your thoughts on that? What hand controls did you go with?
    Thanks
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mototim View Post
    Cool vid man! I'm looking to trade in my Sportsman 850xp for a razor. How do you like the "s" version? Is it tough to get around on the standard 4 wheeler trails. I was thinking about getting the standard 50" wide model hoping that it will still go most places a 4 wheeler goes. What are your thoughts on that? What hand controls did you go with?
    Thanks
    Tim
    Hey Tim,
    I've been looking at getting the sportsman xp 850 eps. How do you like it? Pros and cons for a T8 para? Any input would be great. Thanks

Thanks
    Tim
    i LOVE my rzr s. i can't believe the places i've beeb able to take it. i lives near pismo beach dunes so i definitely wanted the s for the better suspension and higher output motor. but when we go up in the mountains, i have yet to not be able to go somewhere because of the extra width.

i'm using the monarch hand controls. same thing i have in my other vehicles. something you'll want to look at is a park lock brake. taking the transmission out of park on a hill is really hard on the linkage.

i hope you can get one, you'll love it!

K-Dog
    The 850 XP eps is a great machine.
    Pro's-the power steering is awesome, great for really tight trails or snow plowing
    -amazing power
    -the on the flyn AWD will get you out of almost anything

Con's-the sportier seat is narrow which doesn't give as much support as my
    Sportsman 800 did
    -the winch is mounted low so it gets full of crap and also doesn't work great
    for a snow plow
    Overall I love the 850 but I spend more time driving around with my kids and snow plowing than I do ripping the trails with my buddies now a days, and when I do go trail riding usually we're gone for 8-10 hours so it would be nice to bring my chair with me. Where in Ontario are you?

Notwoodward,
    I will be buying one as soon as I can find a decent used 2010-11 model. the "S" looks sweet but I'm just not sure about the extra 10" width...sometimes we hit pretty tight trails. Do you find you stay put in the machine pretty good? Do you have to strap your legs so they don't bang around? I would probably use a set of "sure grip" controls unless anybody sees a down side to them.

Tim

Does anyone have pics of the RZR with Sure Grip hand controls and how they are mounted?

What a blast. Good vid. That is some awesome country you ride in.

K-Dog
    Where in Ontario are you?

Tim
    Hey Tim,
    I'm in Paris Ontario. Do you ever go to Mcmaster for their accessible gym program?

Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
    Hey Tim,
    I'm in Paris Ontario. Do you ever go to Mcmaster for their accessible gym program?
    Hey K-dog, I'm in Sheffield...not far from Paris at all! You're welcome to try out my XP if you want. I used to go to Mac for the treadmill program but haven't been for a while.

Moto: I am jealous I would love to have a RZR having raced motocross i still have that desire to twist the throttle wide open once in-awhile, I just fall off my sled...I watch those commercial and I can see myself in one, I HAD a 4-wheeler but my youngest son endowed it down a hill THANK GOD he was not more seriously injured but the machine was a total loss except for the engine... Meant to ask is that an O-Shit handle on the passenger side ?
    Last edited by fromnwmont; 12-09-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling errors