Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single Serve Coffee Maker

Single Serve Coffee Maker

Hey All!

I use a single serve coffee maker so that I don't have to pour hot coffee into a cup (dangerous for me ) Anyways, I had a Keurig for a while, but it started to leak. Then, last Christmas I got a Tassimo brewer and I like it, but the selection of pods is quite limited and I'm a Timmies girl (They don't have Tim Hortons pods) so I am thinking of going and buying a Hamilton Beach Scoop later this afternoon. Does anyone have feedback on this coffee maker?

Jess

I didn't check, but there is a coffee site www.coffeegeek.com that offers all sorts of reviews and interesting articles for those of us who loves us our java.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I didn't check, but there is a coffee site www.coffeegeek.com that offers all sorts of reviews and interesting articles for those of us who loves us our java.

Checked that website out and didn't find much about this coffee maker, but I purchased it tonight and am extremely excited about the fact that in the morning I will be able to make a cup of Timmies

Don't want to rain on your parade, but have to. The problem with most regular coffemakers is that they do not brew at a hot enough temp to extract the best flavors for a cup of coffee.

I hope you are not disappointed in the AM, but I fear you will be. Yeah, the keurig cost a lot to buy, but you do get the best coffee because they brew at a higher temp than most coffeemakers can. I have never had any trouble with my 2+ year old keurig, but I checked the reviews and a lot of people do.

Adding more coffee to the basket will not help either. Research coffee makers that can brew at sufficient temps and then purchase according to your needs.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

i have a single serve french press. it's awesome and doubles as a travel mug but i find with that much grounds it gets bitter. still, it's pretty damn cool
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i have a single serve french press. it's awesome and doubles as a travel mug but i find with that much grounds it gets bitter. still, it's pretty damn cool

Skippy, you had to burst mt bubble why?

CG,

What exactly is a french press? How does it work?

"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

French presses do leave a lot of grounds in the cup. You could strain through a filter to pour, I guess. Try one of those melitta type that sits on top of the cup?
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    French presses do leave a lot of grounds in the cup. You could strain through a filter to pour, I guess. Try one of those melitta type that sits on top of the cup?

Hmmm. Also, the pricing of the Kuerig wasn't what stopped me. it's the fact that I couldn't make my Tim Hortons coffee without the filter and I had a really hard time using it whereas this is just a scoop you put in the maker. I want to know how to make Tim Hortons made at home taste like the stuff they make at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    Hmmm. Also, the pricing of the Kuerig wasn't what stopped me. it's the fact that I couldn't make my Tim Hortons coffee without the filter and I had a really hard time using it whereas this is just a scoop you put in the maker. I want to know how to make Tim Hortons made at home taste like the stuff they make at the store.
    gold*frech*press*filters*are*much*better,*holes*ar e*finer,*less*grouds*till*last*cup.
    i*dit*even*read*the*whols*thread*,*saw*coffee,*ad* let*me*recommend*the*cold*breing*method*,makes*the *best.
    there*is*a*kit*i*think*it*may*be*on*amazon.but*ins tructables.com*had*a*heading*post*on*making*cold*b rew.i*am*sure*it*is*with*free*materials.**the**oth er*one*cup*low*cost*device*is*the*
    syringe*like*thing*that*cost*about*25*bucks,*i*kee p*loosonf*the*end*caps
    i*habe*about*4*set*ups*all*missing*the*screw*on*en dcap.*it*is*more*like*an*americano*than*cofee,*but *quick*and*3*second*clean*up,*but*you*need*good*ha nd*control*got*thr*syringe*gizmo
    cauda equina