Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: are warmer climates better for quads?

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    simple..........hell yeah!!
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Where we live in Montana there are only 75 days of complete clear skies, adding the partly cloudy days we have on avg 158 days of sunshine!!! so SAD is a reality for my wife and I both who thrive on sunshine... even before my injury our dream was to move south BUT much warmer then 80deg i melt..... I vote heck yea you would have to feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    The other day here in Florida I was playing tennis and after three sets it was getting late (around 7pm) and only 60 degrees out. I was freezing, hard to believe cause I'm from new england and use to be out in 20 degrees regularly, anyhow got in my car and blasted the heat and then went out and got a ice cream, ya, that was smart, lol.
    after reading a short little story like that… It puts a smile on my face, because just being outside in the warm weather makes me happy and it's pretty cold where I live right now and I am inside a lot and not really doing anything. Hard to believe in four weeks I'll be in Fort Lauderdale, and I'll wave goodbye to winter's forever

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad View Post
    I went back to PA a few weeks ago for the first time in 15 years. I could not believe how dry the air was. Couldn't wait to get back to the humidity and flatness of FLA. Dealing with 6 inches of snow and tempratures in the 30s confirmed I made the right decision when I moved south.
    hopefully it will make mine too. I can't wait till I get down there

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    You are a lucky person. Fl is much better than here in PA for wheelers. I am tired of being stuck inside already and since I live within 75 miles of the great lakes, the constant overcast skies really sucks.

There are a lot of good deals on houses for sale in FL. The one bad thing I hear is the cost of insurance.

Since I receive no family help at all, I would do it also if I could figure out how to manage it as a quad.

Enjoy yourself and good luck.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. One thing I found out when I was buying my house in Florida, was that if you are a quadriplegic, you do not have to pay property taxes (that's going to save me $5000 a year)… So, that may be something you want to keep in the back of your mind in case you ever do decide to come down

i cannot stand heat. am c7. couple heat and humidity and i am sick. i'll take seattle.

I'm a high para in England, and 6 months of the year is too cold for me.
    I've always hated the cold, but never had it rule my life as an ab.
    Since sci I can't cope with the cold at all. I need to go to the shops today, and it's just a little way down the road, but I know it's too cold right now. I have strong feelings of not being able to cope when I get cold, and I shiver so bad my neck gets really tight and gives me a terrible headache.
    I can't think straight and just feel terrible. I would love to live somewhere warm all year round.

This girl is moving to Houston next year, a wonderful city to live in if you didn't know...

Warm good, but hot sucks.

Getting hot ruins my day. It takes me hours to cool down, and even then I am tired.

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    C4/5 here yes the cold bothers me and I don't tolerate it very well.

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome