Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tooth pulp stem cells regenerate spinal cord

[QUOTE=
    To Wise from Jerry.

Frankly, I am not surprised that you yet again reveal your complete lack of ability to critically evaluate the merits of the published literature. I neither have the time nor the desire to critique the list of minimally interesting (and indeed mostly garbage) papers that you spent much too much time gathering. I have far more important things to do. One thing that I will NEVER do (and should be deemed at a minimum to be unethical if not criminal) is to spread false hope to the SCI community in order to raise money. Would you agree?[/QUOTE]

This seems kind of harsh to me.

Me too.

Not to mention condescending.

I don't know if it's necessarily warranted but I would encourage "friendly" challenging of opposing ideas from these two minds... Say what you Honestly think
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "
    You forgot............"Peter: why is there 2 toilets? Joe: ones for poop, one's for blood."

Quote Originally Posted by jhope View Post
    You forgot............"Peter: why is there 2 toilets? Joe: ones for poop, one's for blood."
    Lol

I was also going to add the quote: "first I'm going to beat you, then my son chris is going to beat you... It's going to be a good old fashion, Father and son beat off!! " (totally oblivious)

I always thought that was funny
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

false hope?

Well it seems a bit condescending at first, however, we must all remember that trying to cure chronic spinal cord injury is complex at best and likely a lifesaver in the least.

I know personally several quads who have died while waiting for a cure. Mostly bedridden, some on tracheotomy's, etc. I don't think they were dancing in the garden of intellectual delight while they were suffering with SCI.

I'm all for manners. However, when it comes to a fight for my independence in my life, I will simply choke anybody gets in my way.

My apologies to all those offended. Just don't don't get in my way.

Oh, let me share my feelings on being fooled by the positive statements. False hope never killed anybody I know. However, being negative toward progress is an idiot's delight.

Future Walker
    Futurewalker

jsilver, may I ask you to reveal the "far more important things" you are currently engaged in? Hope it's something associated with:
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilver View Post
    Dear Christopher,
    Don't despair. There are several strategies already available that can target chronic SCI even up to one full year after injury.
    And, sorry, but "false hope" is not welcomed word combination here. "Effective cooperation" sounds much more encouraging, indeed.

Kivi, omce again we see possible therapies for chronics at one year post. Paolo, rose to the occasion at the last conference when he said no more talking about acutes; we're all chronics. the same can be made for chronics at one year. Yes, there are some of us that meet that one year test; but for most of us it is years more.

Tony

Yeah, well the first scientist to the finish line wins!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    jsilver, may I ask you to reveal the "far more important things" you are currently engaged in? Hope it's something associated with:
    And, sorry, but "false hope" is not welcomed word combination here. "Effective cooperation" sounds much more encouraging, indeed.
    which strategies were available?