Thread: Fixing spinergy flexrims... Finally a solution!

Fixing spinergy flexrims... Finally a solution!

I have had problems with my flex rims since day1.
    When they shipped from sportaid, they were damaged, and nobody wanted to take responsibility for the damage.
    The rubber started detaching from the metal rim very quickly, and I tried everything: crazy glue, loctite black, rubber cement,.... Everything... And nothing stuck for more than a week.
    Until now.
    And the miracle solution:
    Sugru!
    I love that stuff. It's addictive.
    And it sorted my problem once and for all..
    It's been 4 weeks of intensive usage, and it's sticking on...

6usd that just saved me 400bucks for my 1 wheel replacement.

Check it out. Sugru.com ( or .co.uk??)

Seems your not the only one with detatching rubber .i have 2 pair both one wheel the rubber is detatching.i also tried locktide felt today a hole again on the same spot .after glueing it a few weeks ago .hope they sell that glue also in the netherlands

If you can find C+ Super Glue (used for model airplanes and cars etc), that stuff works well too sometimes.

With anything, before you apply any kind of adhesive/bonding agent, clean the surfaces REALLY well. Makes a huge difference.

I checked out Sugru and it looks amazing. I couldn't find it very cheap though $20+ship. Trying not to spend on extras right now as all my money is going towards a new Icon but this stuff look great, real handy to have around. Thanks for the tip and I'm glad you found a solution for your Flexrims.

Hi there. Sugru verkopen ze niet in Nederland, maar via het website...
    Ik probeer mijn wielen voor het eerst in de koud en regen... En ze houden het goed vast... Dus sugru voor mij echt de oplossing. ....

Gr.

Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    Hi there. Sugru verkopen ze niet in Nederland, maar via het website...
    Ik probeer mijn wielen voor het eerst in de koud en regen... En ze houden het goed vast... Dus sugru voor mij echt de oplossing. ....

Gr.
    Bedankt voor het melden dat. Ik ben aangemoedigd om wat voor mezelf te krijgen. Het klinkt als grote dingen.

Spinergy wouldn't take the wheels back and fix it for you? When I received mine I had one side pull apart within the first month and they had me send it back so they could fix it. Haven't had an issue with either one since then.
    Most everything I say is