Thread: White quadriplegic millionaire hires a black athletic poor man

Thumbs up White quadriplegic millionaire hires a black athletic poor man

Hello All,

It's based on a true story and it's the big surprise in France currently: the box office hit of the year, named Intouchables, is a caustic comedy telling how a white millionaire left quadriplegic after an accident hired as home-help a black man coming from the poor suburbs.

Honestly I was quite skeptic at first because of the high risk of clichés that might find place here: poor quadriplegic (white) man who was so rich and successful and who loss everything after a stupid accident!! Poor athletic (black) man just out of prison, coming from the poorest suburb, how could he understand these aristocratic (white) people??

Well it has been a very good surprise, and probably the success of the year: no pathos, no pity, but subtle humour and good mood, good music and you feel really happy at the end

I saw in the newspapers that the movie would go to more than 40 countries due to its success in France, I sincerely hope that you will have the chance to see it!

Take care,
    Mike

see it

I am sorry but did I miss the title? Is it with subtitles or dubs?
    Thanks for the heads up.

I can't understand a word they're saying but it looks interesting.

It'll be subtitled soon. I understood it. It's a twist on the crazy-guy-shows-stuffy-guy-how-to-live kind of thing.