Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

Curt- Thanks for posting that picture. I thought I had it somewhere but couldn't find it. It was such a good time rolling around DC with them that year. I'm even more glad now that I made them let me take their picture before Betheny gave my hat back. Somewhere I have a few pictures of Jake helping his mom learn how to use the escalator in her chair from that trip too.

Quote Originally Posted by jplw View Post
    Curt- Thanks for posting that picture. I thought I had it somewhere but couldn't find it. It was such a good time rolling around DC with them that year. I'm even more glad now that I made them let me take their picture before Betheny gave my hat back. Somewhere I have a few pictures of Jake helping his mom learn how to use the escalator in her chair from that trip too.
    I think that was the year that you, Betheny and Jake ended up on the wrong train and had to come back. Rooms were in Virginia and the Metro folks were stroking over the escalators.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Just wanted to let you all know Jakes service was very emotional and yet listening to his friends share their memories brought many laughs. I forgot to ask Betheny about posting anything so I will leave the details for her to share...just know I gave her the biggest hug ever for all of you! She said she could not have done it without everyone's generous gift of love and support. Met many of the "lost boy's" and Jill, Betheny's friend from New Mexico will be with her for a week. Sadly,her Dad is in the hospital and that is wearing on her heart...She did say more than once that without her CareCure friends giving her strength and love she would not have made it this far...keep up the good vibes! Hugs back at everyone, I've missed so many of you...judy

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know Jakes service was very emotional and yet listening to his friends share their memories brought many laughs. I forgot to ask Betheny about posting anything so I will leave the details for her to share...just know I gave her the biggest hug ever for all of you! She said she could not have done it without everyone's generous gift of love and support. Met many of the "lost boy's" and Jill, Betheny's friend from New Mexico will be with her for a week. Sadly,her Dad is in the hospital and that is wearing on her heart...She did say more than once that without her CareCure friends giving her strength and love she would not have made it this far...keep up the good vibes! Hugs back at everyone, I've missed so many of you...judy
    Thank you, I've been checking all day for an update from anyone who was there.

as a mom, i am just devastated. this can happen any day to any of us.

all i keep thinking of is john lennon's song. and i light candles. i feel so helpless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3IOdDE5iA

...just know I gave her the biggest hug ever for all of you! She said she could not have done it without everyone's generous gift of love and support ... Sadly,her Dad is in the hospital and that is wearing on her heart...She did say more than once that without her CareCure friends giving her strength and love she would not have made it this far...keep up the good vibes! Hugs back at everyone, I've missed so many of you...judy
    Please not her dad too, please.

Good to know we helped in some way ... (hugs) to everyone for coming together.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Judy~ We have missed you as well. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for being there for Betheny as her CareCure family. You are the best. Miss your straight forward honesty and compassion.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Judy~ We have missed you as well. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for being there for Betheny as her CareCure family. You are the best. Miss your straight forward honesty and compassion.
    Ditto everything Cheese said - can't think of a better ambassador to represent {{{{{{hug}}}}}

As for you Beth - we're still here sweetie {{hug}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Well $445.00 away from $5,000.00. I'm so proud of this community for doing this!!!
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred