Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

I have heard from someone who spoke to her that this money is being directly used for Jake's funeral, which she could not have afforded otherwise. (((( thank you to all ))))

Made my contribution.......God bless everyone. Eventhough most of us have never met we all have been fighting the beast together. I have always said that I have learned more from all of you my peers and mentors then I ever learned in any hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    What do you mean, Bente - You mean people wouldn't do the same thing in Norway?
    No, noone is giving anybody a dime. And when I tell it, they say the sosial system is much better.

Ami
    I am so happy for the money Betheny is getting. I want Jake to have a nice funeral so Betheny can think back and know she did it the way she wanted with respect and dignity. It is not the money or the extra things that matter when it is about a funeral, it is the feeling that you did it the right way. A friend of me lost her husband and she was playing Blood, Sweat and Tears, "When I Die" inside in the chapel the whole funeral and it was real loud and the most honest funeral I have ever been to.
    TH 12, 43 years post

If giving money is the only comfort we can offer, I am proud to have been a part of this magnificent gesture.

I am glad that everyone chipped in to give Betheny the options she needs to feel a little less pressure at this terrible time. Not that anything can ease her.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    I have heard from someone who spoke to her that this money is being directly used for Jake's funeral, which she could not have afforded otherwise. (((( thank you to all ))))

So glad we could help in this way.

Thinking of Betheny tonight and hoping she's coping with people around her.

Does anyone know when the funeral actually is?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Funeral will be held:

Wednesday @ 2pm
    McNeil Funeral Home
    Mustang, OK
    525 W State Highway
    (405) 376-1616

I know of at least one local friend that will be attending. Betheny said it was ok to post.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Ask and you shall receive .. thanks Novie!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I just sent in a little more money. We have done real well getting up to around $3700.00 so far, simply amazing, this community should be real proud of itself, but I want to see this hit $5,000.00 at least within the next few days as I know the funeral will probably cost that much, maybe more. Good job everyone!!!

I'm still can't believe all that has happened. Jake was too young. This is one of my favorite pictures of Jake and Betheny.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Mine too Curt. Weird I was just looking at that one on my computer.
    RIP Jake
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash