Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

yes, longer would be good, as my accounts are locked until I get my new card in the mail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    Sorry to be late to this thread, but would it help to make general donations? Not for the funeral, but some money to at least ease the financial burden for a while?
    Ami is just sending the money to Betheny to use as she sees fit. It was originally thought that she would need it for the funeral, but then Betheny posted that: "Jake inherited a camper from his Dad, it was still sitting. One of the Dad's of a Lost Boy got it sold in 24 hrs., which meant Jake paid for his own funeral without me taking out a loan."
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Just an update looking at the bar graph thingy, we just hit $5005.00 which is 250 percent of the original goal of $2000.00 that was listed. The average donation being $66.73, that is super generous of everyone. From what I understand Betheny is going to Kansas to be with the rest of her family the rest of the winter and will be renting so this will really help her out to pay the rent there. I'll hopefully be talking with her tomorrow. I know she was real worried about her Dad as he is now in the hospital, hopefully he is doing better.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Just a note for general information...some people who rely on SSI or SSDI who may wish to contribute are on the SS pay schedule.

That means they may not receive their benefit until the third wednesday of the month or even later. They may wish to contribute, but have to wait until they get paid. Perhaps we could keep the fund open until the 30th day of the month?

I do believe that we should establish a date that the fund will close.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    Just a note for general information...some people who rely on SSI or SSDI who may wish to contribute are on the SS pay schedule.

That means they may not receive their benefit until the third wednesday of the month or even later. They may wish to contribute, but have to wait until they get paid. Perhaps we could keep the fund open until the 30th day of the month?

I do believe that we should establish a date that the fund will close.
    I hate the thought of anybody really tight on funds donating too much and having to suffer themselves. I'd say if thats the case best not to donate. I think Betheny knows how much we all care for her here on carecure. I'll hopefully get a hold of her tomorrow and see how she is doing. I'm driving halfway up the East coast tomorrow in my truck from Florida. Heading back to the Northeast for the Holiday's to be with family.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I hate the thought of anybody really tight on funds donating too much and having to suffer themselves. I'd say if thats the case best not to donate. I think Betheny knows how much we all care for her here on carecure. I'll hopefully get a hold of her tomorrow and see how she is doing. I'm driving halfway up the East coast tomorrow in my truck from Florida. Heading back to the Northeast for the Holiday's to be with family.
    Grown-ups can make their own decisions on how best to manage their own money while supporting Betheny. Allow them to decide for themselves please. Ami, if you can, please extend the end date so that everyone who is so moved can donate if they choose. Thank you. And again, thanks for taking this on.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Absolutely, I will extend it to years end.

Ami, thank you for organizing this. I hope this helps Betheny, she's had more than her share of heartbreak.

bump.

Wonder how Betheny is and if she is packed for Kansas yet?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

REally been thinking bout bethany and hoping for the best........