Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

Click here to donate for Betheny (eta: you can also click to see the updated total amount donated at any given time). If you missed her thread, her son Jake tragically passed away last night. If you recall, her husband also recently passed away. I am collecting money initially for flowers to send to the funeral on behalf of CareCure (ETA: we're not sending flowers as per her request), but anything leftover I will send to her as a check for any needs that she has, as I'm sure she will have many with (another) funeral to pay for. :*(

You can pay securely by credit card, bank account or paypal, and ChipIn handles the transactions, not me, so you can be assured its all legit.

Thank you for any donations.

Ami
    Last edited by zillazangel; 12-03-2011 at 02:24 PM.

I just sent in $50.00 good idea Ami, it's real good of you to do this.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I sent some too. I cannot get this thing through my head. I am just spinning.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Thanks Ami. I can't sleep, I will send over some money.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Great idea! Thanks for setting it up - it's nice to feel that there's some way to help.

Ami: Is there a way to track total donated openly and then what is spent on flowers vs sent to Betheny? You don't need to indicate what each person donated but simply how much came in.

There were major abuses with this for another member who no longer posts and he burned several very generous folks. I want to help protect you from a similar situation.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I am sure if the Chipin liked my Norwegian card but I hope so
    TH 12, 43 years post

Cheesecake - yes, absolutely. I would be perfectly willing to give you (or another person I know and trust) the login to the chipin site to have a second verification if that would help, but I assure everyone that I am 100% trustworthy. However, with that being said, I totally understand people wanting transparency and a second set of eyes even.

I will post how much we get (it shows on the website directly - for reference we have $380 already!!!), and then I will let everyone know how much I spend on flowers (I will call a florist in the area tomorrow (I'm thinking $150, but I'll see how much a funeral spray costs, I really don't know), and then I'll send the rest (after a week or so) as a check to her - I can photocopy the check and cancelled check for you (Cheesecake or someone else) to secondarily verify if that would put minds at ease.

And WFE, yes, your card was accepted. Thank you to everyone so far, you are all very generous and I am SURE that Betheny will appreciate the flowers and the funds to help with funeral expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Ami: Is there a way to track total donated openly and then what is spent on flowers vs sent to Betheny? You don't need to indicate what each person donated but simply how much came in.

There were major abuses with this for another member who no longer posts and he burned several very generous folks. I want to help protect you from a similar situation.
    Very generous to take this on Ami. But yes, with CC's history, Cheese is right, it would be wise to protect yourself with a second set of eyes. Looks like you guys have this worked out already.

I wonder if setting up a bank account in Betheny's name at a local bank might be the best way to go. Then she could use the funds as best serves her needs. A huge flower arrangement, while wonder in sentiment and effort, might be better expressed as cash to pay for the headstone or such. IDK.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.