Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: We need to do something for Betheny

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I was the one that called and told Carl, so he knows. Just spoke with Betheny. She isn't alone; has company there.
    That is good to know. No one needs to be alone at a time like this.
    I don't know Betheny personally, but she has always been so kind no me. Especially when I was new and stumbling on the internet and how a forum works.
    She is good soul and I can only shake my head at her trials.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I was the one that called and told Carl, so he knows. Just spoke with Betheny. She isn't alone; has company there.
    Thanks Novi. If you speak to her again, please send all of our love to her.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

  3. #23
    Glad Nov got a hold of Carl. When I had mentioned Karl, I meant canuck.

    I just hope Betheny knows how much we all care for her. Do you think moving would be a possibility for her? Perhaps consider moving to another state, and having a chance to heal? If this is a possibility and she needs some help, perhaps we could all work together to set something up? I dunno. I just feel really helpless right now.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Whately, MA United States
    Posts
    2,684
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'm too far away to help in any other way, but I'm more than glad to help financially if there is someone close who can get something started.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

  5. #25
    I think that Betheny has got to be a lot stronger than many of us can imagine. And she always makes you smile through her words and writing, in the best and worst circumstances.

    I thought I would share this about Jake. All I can muster is an I'm sorry because really, what else can you say. There is nothing, but that. And try not to cry for the person. Betheny in her true straightforwardness says Brooke, I know you are and if Jake was here he would want to know if you are still beautiful and we would assure him yes, you are.

    And all I could do was smile. Met Jake when he was (14?) and I was in my early twenties. Ever since then, whenever I spoke to Beth he would be asking that very question in the background even if it had been forever since we last spoke.

    He was very goodlooking. Great eyes, great hair, great face...and that one sentence just made you smile.

    Betheny is like that too. In her worst hours I've found you can be reading her words or hearing her voice and she manages to get a chuckle or smile out of you.

    This may not be an appropriate post given the circumstances but uh, I suck and also wish that she can remember the good times she's had with Jake in her life!

    We <3 you Betheny

    ETA: Kiran she has been in the process of moving to NM ever since Steve passed away.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    Glad Nov got a hold of Carl. When I had mentioned Karl, I meant canuck.

    I just hope Betheny knows how much we all care for her. Do you think moving would be a possibility for her? Perhaps consider moving to another state, and having a chance to heal? If this is a possibility and she needs some help, perhaps we could all work together to set something up? I dunno. I just feel really helpless right now.
    Those were exactly my thoughts, I'm going to talk with her about coming here to Florida. It's like summer all winter and near Sarasota here it is so modern and wheelchair accessable. I had been meaning to talk with her a while back about this with the rough winters they have in OK and tornados and that sort of thing. I think she would be very comfortable around this area. This sucks so bad with Jake though, it just seems so wrong, he was so young, why do bad things like this happen to such good people?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  7. #27
    Senior Member zillazangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3,399
    I posted a new thread with a ChipIn for donations

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I think that Betheny has got to be a lot stronger than many of us can imagine. And she always makes you smile through her words and writing, in the best and worst circumstances.

    I thought I would share this about Jake. All I can muster is an I'm sorry because really, what else can you say. There is nothing, but that. And try not to cry for the person. Betheny in her true straightforwardness says Brooke, I know you are and if Jake was here he would want to know if you are still beautiful and we would assure him yes, you are.

    And all I could do was smile. Met Jake when he was (14?) and I was in my early twenties. Ever since then, whenever I spoke to Beth he would be asking that very question in the background even if it had been forever since we last spoke.

    He was very goodlooking. Great eyes, great hair, great face...and that one sentence just made you smile.

    Betheny is like that too. In her worst hours I've found you can be reading her words or hearing her voice and she manages to get a chuckle or smile out of you.

    This may not be an appropriate post given the circumstances but uh, I suck and also wish that she can remember the good times she's had with Jake in her life!

    We <3 you Betheny

    ETA: Kiran she has been in the process of moving to NM ever since Steve passed away.

    na, Novi, that is one of the best post. Jake's life should be celebrated. I can still see him popping wheelies on Betheny and whipping her around DC. The year her Graves kicked in but no one knew--he was so protective.

    My son is a yr yonger and met Jake. When I told him he was, "I remember that kid". Both my boys got extra big hugs tonight.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

  9. #29
    The death of ones child, that is the hardest thing ever. I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight thinking about what Betheny must be going through with this and thinking about Jake. It is so unfair this happened, life can be so cruel sometimes. I really took a liking to Betheny immediatly when I picked her to co-mod the R and S forum, I think that was 2003 or so. How could anybody not like her, she has such a dynamite personality and helped so many others, now it's our time to give back. She did so much in organizing the original Rallies in DC, she has so much courage. I really liked Jake when I met him, he seemed like a really good kid, I think he was around 14 or so then.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 12-02-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  10. #30
    I was staying in their house for two week and one day we were going shopping. I had to fix something so Betheny was going home with the groceries and Jake was so crazy, he thought she had just let me in the town just like that. We were laughing so much later. He had some trouble but he was a cute kid.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Similar Threads

  1. Betheny
    By JenJen in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •