Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uti klebsiella pneumoniae

uti klebsiella pneumoniae

damn, i wonder how long i had it, i haven't been to my urologist in a while.
    coincidence i had the ultrasound and cat scan in the last 2 weeks due to something in my pancreas, found by a high blood level.
    doing search here , i saw the pictures from a electron microscope.
    will a regular biology microscope be able to see it.
    i have been wanting to get a decent microscope, to be on the look out for e-coli as Dr Young had given directions for when i had my last UTI which was e-coli.
    The pharmacy wouldn't fill cipro saying it had a reaction with methadone.
    I read up on the reaction it s the one that scare me the most , the tres pointes or something close. it puts the heart out of phase and you croak.
    i looked back at my logs at twice since being on methadone i have been Rx cipro for the last two UTI's and no pharmacy said anything so domt know if this is new.
    when i do the PIE i always add 6oz of salt to the 5 gallons, i have been using a measuring cup but i think i should weight it. i need to fix the scale i bought that brand new from china, it never worked. I can see that the battery compartment is missing a contact,so should be easy fix.
    I also drink a pedilite solution or make a Gatorade type mix with the fake salt potassium chloride and baking powder.
    not sure if magnesium would also help balance, or does that counter the potassium? i know i have to make sure i have potassium to keep the rhythm.

Anyone know about microscopes? wonder if klebsiella pneumoniae can be seen on a biology microscope? i have been wanting to get a decent one since my last uti. Is it better to buy a used microscope on ebay/crags list or one of these new low price china microscopes , i want to keep it around $300. i also want to use it to test hudson river water for e-coli. Not sure how high the power is needed to see this klebsiella pneumoniae. all the pics i have seen of it were using a electron scope
    cauda equina

You'd need a laboratory quality microscope with a 100X oil immersion lens, equipment for gram-staining and MaCConkey agar plates for culturing just to get started. If this is for interest, take a microbiology course.
    As there are antibiotic resistant strains of K. pneumoniae, I wouldn't try diagnosing it at home.

Apparently Cipro and several anti-depressants interact with methadone. http://www.thebody.com/content/art30186.html

Grapefruit juice also can cause dangerous side effects with quite a few medications. Always check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    damn, i wonder how long i had it, i haven't been to my urologist in a while.
    coincidence i had the ultrasound and cat scan in the last 2 weeks due to something in my pancreas, found by a high blood level.
    doing search here , i saw the pictures from a electron microscope.
    will a regular biology microscope be able to see it.
    i have been wanting to get a decent microscope, to be on the look out for e-coli as Dr Young had given directions for when i had my last UTI which was e-coli.
    The pharmacy wouldn't fill cipro saying it had a reaction with methadone.
    I read up on the reaction it s the one that scare me the most , the tres pointes or something close. it puts the heart out of phase and you croak.
    i looked back at my logs at twice since being on methadone i have been Rx cipro for the last two UTI's and no pharmacy said anything so domt know if this is new.
    when i do the PIE i always add 6oz of salt to the 5 gallons, i have been using a measuring cup but i think i should weight it. i need to fix the scale i bought that brand new from china, it never worked. I can see that the battery compartment is missing a contact,so should be easy fix.
    I also drink a pedilite solution or make a Gatorade type mix with the fake salt potassium chloride and baking powder.
    not sure if magnesium would also help balance, or does that counter the potassium? i know i have to make sure i have potassium to keep the rhythm.

Anyone know about microscopes? wonder if klebsiella pneumoniae can be seen on a biology microscope? i have been wanting to get a decent one since my last uti. Is it better to buy a used microscope on ebay/crags list or one of these new low price china microscopes , i want to keep it around $300. i also want to use it to test hudson river water for e-coli. Not sure how high the power is needed to see this klebsiella pneumoniae. all the pics i have seen of it were using a electron scope
    Have you considered using Vetericyn/Microcyn?

All the best,
    GJ

It is a common organisms in your gastrointestinal tract.
    The microscopic identification of an organism is just the first step, the sensitivity or seeing what will kill the organism(sensitive to or resistant to meds) is the next most important step and tells us what to treat it with. And you can't do that so....if you are symptomatic you should have a culture & have it treated, if you are not symptomatic- don't worry about it.
    We usually treat Klebsiella because it is known to be an organism that is a "stone former" ( as in kidney or bladder stones).
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Have you considered using Vetericyn/Microcyn?

All the best,
    GJ
    yes. i haven't had time to read how much and for how long. i ordered a bottle of each and have both the reg and vf for exactly this. . that would also help if i had any stones where it could hide and go untreated by the antibiotics.
    i just am not sure how much and how often, i have 60 cc irrigation syringes that fit perfectly in the caths. The thread is so long maybe tags on certain important postings would help searching it. i tend to like tags when using digital content, thanks for any help
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It is a common organisms in your gastrointestinal tract.
    The microscopic identification of an organism is just the first step, the sensitivity or seeing what will kill the organism(sensitive to or resistant to meds) is the next most important step and tells us what to treat it with. And you can't do that so....if you are symptomatic you should have a culture & have it treated, if you are not symptomatic- don't worry about it.
    We usually treat Klebsiella because it is known to be an organism that is a "stone former" ( as in kidney or bladder stones).
    CWO
    thanks cwo, i also read about it and see that it is hard to kill on surfaces. on a lysol can i think 15 sec left wet will kill e-coli, kleb is 30 minutes, on many of the chlorax wipes it doesnt list kleb. one chlorax disposable cloth cwipe list kleb but with two little t's like a footnote, i could not find the other half of the footnote. i did find all the other ones on the chlorax cloths.
    30 minutes wet lysol is long. i do pie procedure so i have to know proper methods to disinfect everything, even when performing procedure. i usually wear 3 gloves at a time , and take one off if i think it got contaminated. however it is impossible to put on a glove by yourself , if your hands/gloves are contaminated without contaminating the clean glove. I havent had enough time to really research it, like what temperature kills it, heat wise. would hydrogen peroxide kill it and how long. it really will change the way i do the pie, since the chlorax wipes are insufficient now. cleaning Light-switches and sink ,faucets, toilet flusher. One thing i read , it is a very common hospital acquired infection, i can see how. how about soap and water when washing hands? alcohol and how long on,
    Most people don't realize that when using alcohol gels for hands , it is supposed to be left on hands to dry for more than a few seconds. i forget the number , but it was more than most people would expect, and i always see people using the alcohol and drying hands with paper towel . That doesn't do much for anything, i think 15 seconds is the least drying time on skin to be effective for e-coli
    thanks for any info.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    yes. i haven't had time to read how much and for how long. i ordered a bottle of each and have both the reg and vf for exactly this. . that would also help if i had any stones where it could hide and go untreated by the antibiotics.
    i just am not sure how much and how often, i have 60 cc irrigation syringes that fit perfectly in the caths. The thread is so long maybe tags on certain important postings would help searching it. i tend to like tags when using digital content, thanks for any help
    None of us who have used Vetericyn/Microcyn can prescribe for you. You have to read the material presented, assimilate it and decide what is the right protocol for you. If this is important to you, you will take the time to read, understand, and make a personal determination as to how this may apply to you.

All the best,
    GJ

what would kill this bacteria on a surface? lysol spray takes 30 min wet. since i perform PIE on myself ,and i have to re inflate the balloon or reposit.ion the speculum, my gloves get contaminated .As soon as i think the glove is contaminated, i can take it off, however many timtes i still need to put more gloves on, would hydrogen peroide sprayed on surfaces kill the bacteria quickly, oir should i order a special spray, or mix. would chlorox mixed at a ratio kill kleib rather quicklt, like e -coli 15 seconds , i need to disinfect as much as i can , so i don't contaminate myself. cant do a PIE treatment until i have this bacteria killer
    cauda equina

I am really not sure what you are asking. Can you re-word your questions? Sorry, but I am confused.
    CKF

what kills the bacteria klebsiella pneumoniae on surfaces in a quick manner, like e-coli is killed. From all the cleaning supplies i have and looed at, nothing seems to have quick klebsiella pneumoniae sanitize time. Same ingrediant for e-coli is 15 secs, lysol disinfectant spray e-coli 15sec wet, klebsiella pneumoniae =10 minutes wet,which is too long. The chlorox wipes, i couldn't find a time for klebsiella pneumoniae, i found two asterisks but i couldn't find anything on the package as a foot note.
    hydrogen peroxide may kill it straight up, which would be great, 90% rubbing alcohol may kill it , but i cant find any time numbers.
    if i dont know what kills it and how long, i will take a bif chance of reinfecting myself.

i see why this is a hospital acquired infection, It is hard to kill on surfaces.
    If sa clothes dryer is getting everything inside it 155 d F, it will kill the bedbug eggs ,if there are any. Water has to be 175 i think. If you live in an apartment and have a common laundry room, like me, it is very easy to bring unwanted eggs home. That reminds me i need to put my min max thermo in the dryer to see if i am safe,
    Last edited by metronycguy; 12-13-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: time is 10 minutes, not 30 minutes for klebsiella pneumoniae
    cauda equina