Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Paralyzed cyclist walks again

Report: Paralyzed cyclist walks again

I don't normally post, more of a lurker here but this caught my eye. Not sure if this is the right place but...

Report: Paralyzed cyclist walks again

I know there's no description what exactly her injury was, but the first thing that popped into my mind is, is anyone trying to figure out how and why she got her legs back? I wish they'd gone into more detail with it.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam/Mythbusters

I'm curious too.

Here is her web site:

http://www.moniquevandervorst.com/Mo...t/Welcome.html

Reading her story carefully you can figure out something is wrong in that picture.

Also soon a book should come out...

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Here is her web site:

http://www.moniquevandervorst.com/Mo...t/Welcome.html

Reading her story carefully you can figure out something is wrong in that picture.

Also soon a book should come out...

Paolo
    Thanks for the site! Did a quick read through of her bio (I'm supposed to be doing homework so I'll do a more thorough read later), but something does seem way off. Maybe I'm skeptical because of all the fake recoveries I've heard about, but to my mind if she was truly injured, even incompletely, how could she make a full recovery and if it's true why aren't scientist pushing to find out how or why?
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam/Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPixie View Post
    Thanks for the site! Did a quick read through of her bio (I'm supposed to be doing homework so I'll do a more thorough read later), but something does seem way off. Maybe I'm skeptical because of all the fake recoveries I've heard about, but to my mind if she was truly injured, even incompletely, how could she make a full recovery and if it's true why aren't scientist pushing to find out how or why?
    Good questions

Paolo

this issue was discussed on another forum: a girl ( a para) made a comment that she had roomed with her an a paraolympic event..and she said she suspected she was not for real then? and that their was some other "issues" there..anyway..if that is the case I HATE to see so many people get so much ill found hope from this story..could be a hoax...another one!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    this issue was discussed on another forum: a girl ( a para) made a comment that she had roomed with her an a paraolympic event..and she said she suspected she was not for real then? and that their was some other "issues" there..anyway..if that is the case I HATE to see so many people get so much ill found hope from this story..could be a hoax...another one!
    ..hmmm..

Paolo

she probably worked harder at rehab than we did

I doubt that.
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

you know I was joking?