Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my great aunt passed away

my great aunt passed away

my cousin just told me that my great aunt passed last night. she thought i knew but i hadnt heard(i know my mom wouldve told me) so i have no idea if my mom even knows her aunt is dead? do i call her now? wait until the morning? just not sure!!! i dont want to be the one to tell her... she and her aunt were so close... omg
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    my cousin just told me that my great aunt passed last night. she thought i knew but i hadnt heard(i know my mom wouldve told me) so i have no idea if my mom even knows her aunt is dead? do i call her now? wait until the morning? just not sure!!! i dont want to be the one to tell her... she and her aunt were so close... omg
    You don't want someone else to call her and if there is a chance that might happen, I would call her tonight. I had to tell my mom that my grandpa (her father) had passed. I didn't want someone else to tell her.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

ugh.. so i called her... her cousin told her yesterday and she said she just forgot to tell me.

so like my mom. she sounded sleepy and sad. just let her go to sleep and i'll see her tomorrow.

thanks wheeliegirl. my mom's airheadedness has just made me laugh! it really is typical of her!!

Oh CG. That is so strange she forgot to tell you. If that is the way she is and you can laugh about it and accept it is better than being annoyed.
    I admire that in you.

so... my relationship with my mom is... unique. let me tell you a story:
    once
    i ran over one of my best friends with my other best friend's car
    we were trying to get it up the steep driveway as it had stalled when we were all trying to go to the club(it was i think 4 of us total)

my best friend was in a tutu
    and the car was ghetto so i thought it was in neutral
    but it was dark, i couldnt see and the shifter was just messed up in my friend's car.

so it rolled backwards and my friend's tutu got caught in the wheel and was dragging her into the busy road
    i managed to get it into park
    after we all calmed down i called my mom
    told her what happened
    and she said "that's nice. you forgot your keys" and hung up the phone. lol mind you it was 2am and my mom is a heavy sleeper. she also didnt remember the conversation we had when i came home the next morning. i had to spend the night at my friend's house(the one i had rolled over! lol)

i still tease her to this day about it. i learned from a young age to just accept that my mom is... weird? atypical? and it's useless to get angry or offended. if i had gotten upset over this she would get angry then tell me to get over it and stop being melodramatic. so, i choose to laugh

Now THAT is a story CG. Tutu!

Now that's funny!!!! I knew you city people had late night adventures too!!!

I left tire tracks on one of my buddies once. We were pool hopping somewhere we should not have been. So we yelled and told everyone to run and get in the truck...you run because the police are close. LOL He tried but missed the door and fell. He was drunk. So I drove over him. He framed the shirt in the living room for a while and the joke was I did a burn out on him. It was a rear tire and the bed of the truck was empty.

The moral of the story which we should have learned but didn't...don't take drunk people who can't walk let alone run pool hopping. The second car load got caught but we didn't....I left him laying and we came back to find them staggering down the road in the dark. They all got off with a warning LOL

They wouldn't let him in the car because he was dirty so we threw him in the back of the truck where he woke up the next morning.

I am glad mom is okay. Love the tutu story!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

lol dd!!! yea we were 18 and "empowered" young women lol i also had just gotten my tongue pierced so i was talking funny lol but oh yea... she still laughs when i tell her about it.

she is fine but sad. i'll refrain from calling as we dont have that mushy kind of relationship lol as long as she is good then i'm ok