Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I ate a whole samich today

I ate a whole samich today

and Im hungry again!

Have you not been hungry jody? What's up?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Oh I wish I could eat!!!
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

no, no hunger. eating has been very difficult lately. I managed a sandwich yesterday, but it took me all day, and the day before it had taken me two days to eat a hamburger.

today Im not feeling nausea as bad and I feel hunger so its a food nite. I did get weighed yesterday at the docs, and she set me up with another gastro doctor that I see in december, but Im actually wondering if I have an infection somewhere. I think maybe my hip. Im either pouring sweat or freezing.

whats up addiesue? you having trouble being hungry too?
    Last edited by jody; 11-30-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Completely honest question - no patronizing from me .........

Does it help to watch cooking shows like Diners Drive-Inns and Dives on the Food network - when Bill is done watching these types of shows he's starving !!! Or are you not hungry because you have nausea and nothing helps - in which case maybe a bong might work

If I was closer I'd make you a batch of perogies piled a mile high with sour cream and onions with bacon bits - you couldn't possibly resist !!! I feel so bad you guys can't eat and enjoy such a simple pleasure ....

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Jody, that is what infections do to me.

Obie, you made me salivate on my lap!
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I didn't know you have not been able to eat Jody. I hope the doc can figure out why.

thanks folks, I hope they figure it out too.
    Hi obie.
    it doesnt help to see food on tv. I feel no hunger, even though I feel the need for food, and nausea most of the time, or when I do get hungry the window of hunger is tiny and goes away fast.

when I stand up I break out into a sweat and feel sick. Im pretty sure I feel hip pain, but it feels like a wire being tightened around my ankle or just above my knee. I cant lay on that side without feeling more nausea, and pouring sweat and freezing. my heart starts beating fast too. Its like AD without the headache.

oh sorry Jody I am glad I do not have all of that.
    I have had trouble with appetite ever since my injury. I had it some before but not this bad. I do have hungry times, but they are rare lately. I think it is just how I am . Or maybe this thyroid thing I have been trying to figure out. I have to force feed myself often. Eat all I can stand, then one bite for each kid, blah blah, blah. The opposite problem of people who can stop eating or gaining I guess.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

how about that, another sci who has had no appetite since injury?

I was hungry when I was taking birth control pills, but I got a blood clot and had to stop a couple months ago. it was like magic though. I started taking them because of hellish periods, and within a month, I would wake up hungry, have cravings, be hungry even after I ate. I gained almost twenty pounds in a year. I lost half that in the last two months.

can you handle shakes?