Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Silver talks to me

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Too bad we couldn't see a 24/7 webcam of an experiment in progress on an animal - or even the lab with people working. Be a great way to raise funds as I would support that! I've said it before but it never caught on.
    I think it's a really good idea. Maybe the same website could be split in 2–one side if someone was willing, to show the struggles of paralysis 24 7.

Hello,

Can anybody provide me with some information regarding chondroitinaise. I'm interested but cant seem to find any information about the study. What could be its effects on person with Brown–Séquard syndrome. So only one side of my body is paralyzed. C4/C5 incomplete.
    Does that mean in my case nerve graft wont be needed?

Are people with incomplete injuries could be a candidate for human trial?

Are incomplete injuries the most likely to get things back after chondroitinaise
    therapy?

I'm sorry if those are selfish questions i just wanna know where i stand on this.

christopher, Dr Silver's response is emphatic and gives me, and I hope us, hope it could come quicker. thanks for thepost.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by BSgimp View Post
    I'm sorry if those are selfish questions i just wanna know where i stand on this.
    Hopefully Dr Silver will answer you. This research is still in its infancy as far as I'm concerned, until Acorda moves it along .. and they're a company I've been disappointed by, before.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Too bad we couldn't see a 24/7 webcam of an experiment in progress on an animal - or even the lab with people working. Be a great way to raise funds as I would support that! I've said it before but it never caught on.
    Dr.Silver, I also think that you'd can post from time to time some picture of some cute happy piggy with some returned function. That would give us a sense that not long ago pipe dreams of ours, with your help, embody in flesh and blood. Really, a small step for you but huge for us.

Acorda reviews their Research and Development

Acorda Therapeutics to Provide Pipeline Update at Upcoming R&D Day
    HAWTHORNE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 10, 2012-- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACOR) will host a Research and Development Day for the investment community on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. atThe Four Seasons Hotel in New York City.

Members of Acorda’s management team, including President and CEO Ron Cohen, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer Andrew Blight, Ph.D., Chief Medical OfficerEnrique Carrazana., M.D., and VP, Research and Development Tony Caggiano, Ph.D, M.D., will review Acorda’s current R&D programs including its AMPYRA®(dalfampridine) Extended Release Tablets, 10 mg stroke, cerebral palsy and other development programs, as well as its other clinical and preclinical programs. Independent experts in the fields of heart failure, spinal cord injury and chronic stroke will provide perspectives on current standards of care and the compounds being developed by Acorda.

A live audio webcast of the presentation can be accessed under “Investor Events” in the Investor section of the Acorda website at www.acorda.com

or available via the following link prior to the start of the event:
    http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=194451&eventID=4736842

To participate in the conference call, please dial 800-798-2796 (domestic) or 617-614-6204 (international) and reference the access code 48961682.

A replay of the call will be available from 3:30 p.m. on April 17, 2012 until 11:59 p.m. on May 17, 2012. To access the replay, please dial 888-286-8010 (domestic) or 617-801-6888 (international) and reference the access code 77122833.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-14-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    Dr.Silver, I also think that you'd can post from time to time some picture of some cute happy piggy with some returned function.
    Dr. Silvers lab doesn't work with pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Dr. Silvers lab doesn't work with pigs.
    This is because of the budget deficit, political convictions or due to religious restrictions?

Really none of the above. The lab space at Case Western University is designed for small animal study such as rats and mice which is Dr. Silver's particular specialty. The pigs probably wouldn't enjoy the elevator ride either.

Facilities for pigs are much much larger and designed way different. Dr. Silver has collaborators that work specifically on primates and pigs and their labs are set up appropriately for those larger animals specialties with stalls.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-15-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Dr. Silver (or others who may know),

if you know,

1) Why is Acorda saying they need at least 2/3 years for clinical trials with CHASE?

2) Are they palnning safety studies on large animals that you think are not necessary?

3) Or could it be the case that they are directing their financial resources in other directions that have more chances of profit than CHASE? (which would be ok for a profit driven org, but not for us..)

4) Is there any other Biotech that can produce Chondroitinase and bring it to clinical trials in a country where the patents of Acorda have no value?

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming