Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Lightest wheelchair out there?

  1. #31
    Senior Member brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,109
    A well worded response. Thanks.

  2. #32
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    I have a Lasher BT-Mg as well as a Quickie GT and use them both regularly. I don't need a super light chair, I have full upper body strength. For me, the chair is cool but I won't be spending that kind of $ on another chair any time soon. I could spec a Q7 to be as light, or lighter. As long as the frame is 10lbs or less, I'm fine. I don't need a chair to enable anything other than rolling around.

    Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Okay. That's my one thing learned for today.

    Lasher BT-Mg - 8.4lbs - $5,000
    Tilite TR - 9.9lbs - $2,200
    Quickie Q7 - 10lbs - $1,700 ($3,300 less than BT-Mg)
    Tilite ZRA - 10.9lbs - $1,900

    So you're saying that just 1.6lbs (Q7 vs. BT) is the difference between you being able to lift your chair into your car and not? I'm having difficulty comprehending that - I mean that's the weight of a can of soup. So this is a functioning issue and not a strength issue? Like, if you worked for a month with light weights you wouldn't be able to lift a chair that weighs 1.6lbs more? I mean, at that point you're paying $127 for every oz of weight savings. I get the need for lightweight, but as I said before - dimishing returns.

    I'm not challanging you - I'm just trying to understand.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I have a Lasher BT-Mg a I don't need a super light chair .
    Of course, if you`ve got it lol.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    A well worded response. Thanks.
    x2, tooley, not to mention inspiring!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  5. #35
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Of course, if you`ve got it lol.

    I would never have learned it was a waste of money without having it. I only offer opinions on equipment I have used, a lot. It's hard to take people too seriously talking about gear they've never used or owned.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  6. #36
    Well, i dont mind the added weight of a discbrake into my TR. even the conventional brake might be lighter, i love the one-push-wheel lock.

    disclaimer : this goes the same for D's and surelock.

    thats just my cup of tea.i dont buy spinergys which only a couple of ounces lighter than the sun fusion, and uses the sun fusion instead.i do have the money, but it may go to other things.i'm a para though.a comfortable ride doesnt necessarily means the lightest.

    i have struggled on this issue before, but Brianm told me one thing that made me so sure. I'm 98% wheeling.the other 2% is the time when i lift it (probably less).i wont waste the thousands for that 2%.

    but if i have money pouring in, that'd be another story...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

    Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Similar Threads

  1. Panthera X - LIGHTEST WHEELCHAIR! 4.6 pounds!!
    By aldiazg in forum Equipment
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 07:39 AM
  2. lightest chair possible
    By pippy in forum Equipment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
  3. Lightest folder
    By Yadier in forum Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
  4. The lightest metal wheelchair ever made
    By totoL1 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 03:59 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •