Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this happened to my brother in law too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Geez, were you ever lucky - amazing that you were able to stop! You're right, a guardrail would not have helped if you were descending Wolf Creek Pass.

About the Million Dollar Highway - right, there are hardly any guardrails at all up there. They wouldn't be very useful for prevention, but I wish the DOT would install them anyway - at least damage to the guardrails would indicate that someone might have gone over the edge!

I've never been to Montana and didn't realize the same conditions prevail - but it makes sense that they would.
    I was good with the Million Dollar Highway until we passed the memorial to the Snowplow drivers. They never recovered any of their bodies.

I guess someone would have to report you missing.

It just makes me shiver now because I was on so many roads so many times alone and no one would have ever known where I was. I like to ride and watch the wildlife and take pictures.

Thank God for ditches on Wolf Creek Pass. I hit it and we road the ditch until I could pull off and figured out my trailer brakes were set wrong. There is only one pull off there too. It was snowing in July too.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Thank God for ditches on Wolf Creek Pass. I hit it and we road the ditch until I could pull off and figured out my trailer brakes were set wrong. There is only one pull off there too. It was snowing in July too.
    Wow. This gives me chills. There are so many patches up there where there aren't any ditches - you had just the right confluence of circumstances to keep you going. *shudder*