Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight vacuum cleaner suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Grommet, I think you would like the Oreck, as it only weighs 7 lbs and rides around on my lap pretty easily. The other thing I like is that I can remove most of the hose section and just have a shorter version, which is ideal since I am sitting and closer to the floor. If I want to do distant corners I can make it full length again. Good luck.
    I went to Ebay to look around, are you talking about an Oreck Canister or upright. I'm guessing you mean the canister for around $100, am I right?

It's the one called the little hero that I put a link for. It's a small canister and does not require the purchase of bags, another cost saver and less hassle than buying/having bags.

http://www.oreck.com/Little-Hero-Can...Vacuum-Cleaner

They have a deal today for 20% off and free shipping too, making it a speck less than $100

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    It's the one called the little hero that I put a link for. It's a small canister and does not require the purchase of bags, another cost saver and less hassle than buying/having bags.

http://www.oreck.com/Little-Hero-Can...Vacuum-Cleaner

They have a deal today for 20% off and free shipping too, making it a speck less than $100
    Thanks for the link. I checked it out and at Ebay. With today's discount it is cheaper from the site. I need to think about it. I am real excited about the idea of keeping on my lap and vaccuming from my chair. With my upright it's a nightmare. The angle is all wrong, keep running over the cord etc. Eek.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Thanks for the link. I checked it out and at Ebay. With today's discount it is cheaper from the site. I need to think about it. I am real excited about the idea of keeping on my lap and vaccuming from my chair. With my upright it's a nightmare. The angle is all wrong, keep running over the cord etc. Eek.
    The Little Hero has really good reviews and Overstock has it at $79 + $3 shipping for a refurbished unit. They are out of stock for now though.

So do I hear a $ 5,000 bid once trice threetimes for the little lady there in red santa knitted sweater
    She won !!!

k We will even throw in the paint dingus gun kit and extra 54 lb lead alloy balance rear wheels

This lightweight Kirby gem will serve another 40 more years

she won lol

How does one dust with a vacuum??

(Yes, I am a housekeeping incompetent. And new to housekeeping from a w/c.)

I also have the Oreck and I can actually push the dang thing but only on the wood floors but I agree with Elleen it is great for picking up pet hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFiresky View Post
    How does one dust with a vacuum??

(Yes, I am a housekeeping incompetent. And new to housekeeping from a w/c.)
    I think the answer is pretty ineffectively. For dusting I use a disposable cloth made by Swiffer and a long pole it attaches too. Trust me, it isn't easy, and I usually dust only when it feels like one might be able to write their name in the dust unless I do.

I use Swiffer, too. I have their dusting doohickies, their manual sweeper, and I LOVED the SweeperVac until hubby separated it from its charging cord. It ran out of juice fast, but not worrying about dustpans was totally worth it.

Still, it would be nice if there was some attachment you could put a disposable cloth over, where the vac would suck the dust INTO the cloth...

The Oreck Housekeeper is on sale for $99.
    http://www.oreck.com/Special-Offers-from-Oreck
    Last edited by PhoenixFiresky; 12-02-2011 at 01:39 AM.