Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PowerBookG4 died, reluctantly ordered MacBook Pro pft

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Lorrie, you might want to get a silicone keyboard cover to keep dust (and crumbs) out, too. I use one like this on my MacBook and on my iMac (sadly, only the new 21.5", not the awesome 27" like Patrick has).

Best Buy: KB Covers - Keyboard Cover for Select Apple MacBook Laptops - Clear/Black
    I see most are for Sony or Macs. Any idea how to find one for other brands or will these fit on most any kb?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Waaaaaaa! I know i'm being a brat but i'm so frustrated w this @!$#%6! MacBook Pro

The trackpad should be called trick pad bc it has too many features that w my awkward hands i am unable so far to be consistent with controlling it.

Also, my outgoing mail no longer is working, no idea why, was working when i set it up.

AND my monitor would not come back on after it fell asleep while open,,,i had to power off,,,i googled it and seems a common problem,,,that's how my beloved G4 died on me!

Feeling frrrruuussstttrrraatteedd I suck at technical crap.My bf offered to trade me his pc laptop lol uh no! :P i'll get it together eventually but for now i'm not happy!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    The trackpad should be called trick pad bc it has too many features that w my awkward hands i am unable so far to be consistent with controlling it.
    this is the one thing holding me back from buying a Mac. I'm sure I'd figure it out (C7, decent hands) but it's the transition period I hate. I'm taking an AutoCAD course and will need something more powerful soon as the 3D drawings get more intricate and I'll be damned if I ever buy another PC. After Xmas I'll have to bite the bullet.

Let us know any tricks you learn along the way.

I can relate. C6/7 injury here. Just turn off all the advanced trackpad multitouch options. It's in your system preferences. Here are what my settings look like.

Tooley, if it's a real problem, an external mouse w/trackball could always be used :/

Yeah, scott, i may have to uncheck them again, going to try for a little more first. I noticed if I use my knuckles i can touch scroll. I haven't figured out how to drag wo holding pad down,,,on old Mac i could tap then drag :/

STILL trying to figure outgoing mail Hopeful my Apple using gf can help me when she comes over this week.
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I see most are for Sony or Macs. Any idea how to find one for other brands or will these fit on most any kb?
    You need to get one specifically designed for your keyboard. Try here: http://www.protectcovers.com/

I haven't figured out how to drag wo holding pad down,,,on old Mac i could tap then drag :/
    You have to set that in the preferences. The new trackpads aren't as sensitive as the old ones, so knuckles don't work as well as fingertips.

Talking

I'm so excited, and i just can't hide it... I got my vintage PowerBook G4 up and running again with only a new power cord from Ebay The "Apple genius" was not quite so

Soooo, i exchanged my MacBook Pro for a gorgeous 27" desktop!! Love it! Also the trackpad works perfect! Easy unlike the MacBook ! Happy girl!
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Cool.

Also the trackpad works perfect! Easy unlike the MacBook ! Happy girl!
    Yeah, the Magic Trackpad works better than the trackpad on the Macbook.

Where do you have the iMac setup?

My new computer is on my desk in my bedroom sitting area. My laptop is on my art table for now. I'm still loving the new one, so glad I exchanged it.
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~