Thread: Why we have no treatments for sci

Why we have no treatments for sci

1.Extremely poor marketing for our cause . All we see are those who have persevered and become successful despite their disability,those are an extremely small percent of the community and you will not see them on the news .
    2. Public relations . I've never seen an advertisement for spinal cord injury on television . The only stories done are reports about a rat walking and it is always a byline or some quick mention on the news.
    3. Ever since Christopher Reeves has passed we have no celebrities endorsing Our cause. [There should be a cure for breast cancer by now They have more funding in one year Than we get in 10.]
    4. Invisibility, Even with handicapped parking, other than yourself , how many people have you seen in the wheelchair come out of a vehicle in a handicapped space? In the last four years I've seen about six people.
    5. Religion. Even though they tried to help a lot of people they will not contributed spinal cord injury research because it conflicts with their belief, anti stem cell research.
    6. The community is so fractured in that they compete against themselves instead of working together.

im going to bring up the patient in brazil again... this needs to be highly exposed. im sure it may be in brazil, but i think everyone needs to know that something is happening beyond rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    im going to bring up the patient in brazil again... this needs to be highly exposed. im sure it may be in brazil, but i think everyone needs to know that something is happening beyond rats.
    Exactly! FML

As of now
    Don't ask what stem cells can potentially do for you but what you can realistically do for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jhope View Post
    1.Extremely poor marketing for our cause . All we see are those who have persevered and become successful despite their disability,those are an extremely small percent of the community and you will not see them on the news .
    2. Public relations . I've never seen an advertisement for spinal cord injury on television . The only stories done are reports about a rat walking and it is always a byline or some quick mention on the news.
    3. Ever since Christopher Reeves has passed we have no celebrities endorsing Our cause. [There should be a cure for breast cancer by now They have more funding in one year Than we get in 10.]
    4. Invisibility, Even with handicapped parking, other than yourself , how many people have you seen in the wheelchair come out of a vehicle in a handicapped space? In the last four years I've seen about six people.
    5. Religion. Even though they tried to help a lot of people they will not contributed spinal cord injury research because it conflicts with their belief, anti stem cell research.
    6. The community is so fractured in that they compete against themselves instead of working together.
    You forgot the main reason. There is too much money to be made by “research”, “medical community”, and equipment manufactures.
    Tex
    C4,5,6 incomplete with 100% full feeling

peterf is right. sitting around waiting = sitting around dying........

clinical trials are happening and we need to support that.