Thread: MSRCNY Receives Approval For Groundbreaking Stem Cell Trial in Multiple Sclerosis

MSRCNY Receives Approval For Groundbreaking Stem Cell Trial in Multiple Sclerosis

MSRCNY Receives Approval For Groundbreaking Stem Cell Trial in Multiple Sclerosis

Landmark Study Targets Repair and Regeneration for MS Patients

NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York (MSRCNY) and the International Cellular Medicine Society (ICMS) jointly announced today the ICMS Institutional Review Board's (IRB) approval of the first study to use autologous brain-like or neural stem cells for multiple sclerosis.

"We are entering a whole new world of possibilities for our patients" said Dr. Saud A. Sadiq, Neurologist and Director of the MSRCNY. "This initial stem cell treatment strategy opens up new avenues of treatment options focused on repair and regeneration that didn't exist before." Dr. Sadiq added, "We are delighted that the ICMS has approved our study and feel both the MSRCNY and the ICMS share the basic ideology of advancing safe and effective treatment in addressing patient needs."

more....

http://pharmalive.com/News/Index.cfm?articleid=814735

Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post

Landmark Study Targets Repair and Regeneration for MS Patients

NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York (MSRCNY) and the International Cellular Medicine Society (ICMS) jointly announced today the ICMS Institutional Review Board's (IRB) approval of the first study to use autologous brain-like or neural stem cells for multiple sclerosis.

"We are entering a whole new world of possibilities for our patients" said Dr. Saud A. Sadiq, Neurologist and Director of the MSRCNY. "This initial stem cell treatment strategy opens up new avenues of treatment options focused on repair and regeneration that didn't exist before." Dr. Sadiq added, "We are delighted that the ICMS has approved our study and feel both the MSRCNY and the ICMS share the basic ideology of advancing safe and effective treatment in addressing patient needs."

more....

http://pharmalive.com/News/Index.cfm?articleid=814735
    Thank you, manouli. This is fantastic! I believe that every stem cell trial will yield information that will benefit another stem cell trial. Although this process is agonizingly slow due to medical setbacks & funding and political issues, every sucess will gradually add steam to the development of viable treatments for a wide range of diseases and disorders. We all just want it now! All we need is one big breakthrough, good results, and lots of positive publicity!

Thank you Manouli! Missed this even on the news and I have a cousin with PPMS.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

very good

just passed it on to a friend

thanks
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."